cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

standalone solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1.>can anyone tell ,me if solution manager is only configured on the server then which all components are present(like components of SCM, CRM, IDES, etc)

2.>if such components are present then we can configure in solution manager and do the roll-out

3.>if solution manager is standalone then by applying the best practices we can do the configuration

all suggestions are welcomed

regards

Janak Mehta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Janek,

I'm not sure if I have understood your question correctly, but in Centrica, we have a standalone instance of Solution Manager which is then connected into the individual satelite systems of ERP2004, SRM, CRM, IS_U etc.

Solution Manager has dedicated servers. In order to configure using Solution Manager, we have set up the Trusted RFC connections into the other logical components.

We have then locked SPRO locally so that all configuration is accessed via the Solution Manager Business Process Structure rather than locally in the client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi simon

i would like to make my question a bit simple

if i install solution manager only for the first time which all components will be present after the installation on solution manager (i mean components of which satellite system is in built (default)in solution manager)

regards

janak mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Janak:

The satellite components are not built it, you select the component ( r/3, APo, CRm..) as a part of the project roadmap. This inturn brings in the standard SAP business processes, which can be copied/used in the business blue print process.

on the technical end,, you will create trustedd RFC connections to connect to each satellite system. This helps in configuration, testing, aBAP dev...

hope this helps

ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay,

I am trying to implement the IS-AFS using solman. I ahve made a trusted RFC connection between the solman and the satellite system which is AFS and while i sleect the logical system i was expecting the SAP business processes also to be exposed but i am not getting it, so beacuse of this my bluepeint development is also hampered...

please advice..

- GP