cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complied application doesn't work for client (Crystal 2008 & VS 2008)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating a VS 2008 (.NET 2.0) application. I am using Crystal Reports 2008 (v12). Everything works fine on my PC. When I move it to one of my client's computers and try to run a report from within the application it bombs out.

I am loading the reports into the Crystal Reports Viewer as objects. It has always worked in the past.

Thanks for insight

Here is the trace:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004180B): The document has not been opened.

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.set_ProductLocaleID(CeLocale pVal)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.CreateRptDoc()

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper..ctor()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Initialize()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument..ctor()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportClass..ctor()

at KaneyFoods.Reports.CustomerInvoice..ctor()

at KaneyFoods.Forms.CRViewer..ctor()

at KaneyFoods.Forms.Invoices.btnInvoiceByNumber_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you installed the runtime files on deployment machine in order to run Crystal reports?

If not then install it from [here|http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/runtime.asp#08].

Hope that helps

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

That got me one step closer.

There was another Crystal Reports 2008 runtime installed on the system. It must have been the incorrect one. I installed the one you linked to and I get much further now. Now when I go to view the report I am prompted with a Database Login form. This is weird because I have the credentials hard coded in the program.

TableLogOnInfo logon = new TableLogOnInfo();
            logon.ConnectionInfo.UserID = "webreports";
            logon.ConnectionInfo.Password = "******";
            logon.ConnectionInfo.ServerName = "******";
            logon.ConnectionInfo.DatabaseName = "Canopy3";

crystalReportViewer.LogOnInfo = new TableLogOnInfos();
            crystalReportViewer.LogOnInfo.Add(logon);

The Database Login form has Server Name filled in correctly, but grayed out. Database is blank and grayed out. Login ID is correct and editable. Password is all asterisks, so I don't know if it is correct. No matter what I do it will not logon.

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It might be possible that your reports are using the SQL native client connection and the machines prompting for logon might have not native client installed.

Install the native client on a machine and it would resolve your issue.

Hope that works!!

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have developed reports in Crystal 2008 for deployment with a VS 2005 application. When we install it on a client machine the reports require a login. There is no way to login. We have developed our application with Native client so we know it is installed, as the application runs fine on the client machine, it is just a problem with the reports. Please help! This is extremely important.

SM

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Possibly the quickest way to troubleshoot these issues, is to install the actual CR designer and see if the reports run there. E.g.; is this a CR runtime issue or a system issue? Evals of CR can be downloaded from here:

http://www.businessobjects.com/product/freetrials.asp

Alternatively, if these were web apps, trying the database logon with a simple win app may also give you clues; if a win app works, you are more than likely looking at permissions issues, if it does not, you may be looking at the database client issues, ODBC connectivity, etc. Installing the CR designer will be a good idea at this point also.

Ludek

Answers (0)