Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editable Hierarchial ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all..

I have a requirement where i need to use an editable alv to display the details.

But in the alv display 1st row should display entries from 1 table and second row should show entries from another table.

So is this possible with normal grid display or do i need to go for hierarchial sequential display?

A piece of code would be more helpful.

Any pointers to my query would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this can be achieved only through Hiearchial Alv only. Moreover can u let me know 1st table and 2nd table have any field in common ( only if those 2 tables are realted with any field then only hierarchial alv is possible) .

go through the simple standard program BALVHD01.

Revert back if any issues.

Regards,

Naveen

0 Kudos

Ya these tables have common fields.

But after displaying the report i need to select the entire row as in grid for further processing.

Is this possible with hierarchial display?

For hierarchial display to be editable do we need to go for class implemenation n definition as in grid display???

0 Kudos

hi..

Ya these tables have common fields.

But after displaying the report i need to select the entire row as in grid for further processing.

Is this possible with hierarchial display?

For hierarchial display to be editable do we need to go for class implemenation n definition as in grid display???

Thanks & Regards

Rthwika

0 Kudos

Hi,

No i dont think its possible to select entire row as in GRID.

In order to make a particular field Editable then fill the field EDIT = X. in the field catalog.

if u need to edit fields dynamically, then u should go for OOALV.

Revert back if any issues.

Regards,

Naveen

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a small query.

I m using editable hierarchical alv display and displaying the contents.

When i select a particular row and click on a button(amend),a pop up sholud should appear with checkboxes against some particular values.when that checkbox is selected it has to replace the existing entries in alv display.

How do we code for this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rithwika

0 Kudos

Hi,

cretae ur own pf status with a push button.

And in the REUSE_ALV_HIERSEQ_LIST_DISPLAY, pass the routine name to I_CALLBACK_USER_COMMAND to pararmeter.

with in that form routine, call a pop up function module ..

Regards,

Naveen