Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check for a function module with its description and functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How to check for a function module,with its description and its functionality,in detail how can I know the purpose of a particular function module,how to search for a function module which suits my requirement .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

naveen_inuganti2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.. For most of the function modules FUNCTION MODULE DOCUMENTATION is availble in SAP. You can see the function module documentaion to know the functionality and the parameters of the function module. Ex: Check for REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY And the search for the function module can be done in some of following ways. 1. Search with the related word like above friends mentioned. 2. Or you can go to SE15-> Function modules, where you can get function odules name if you know any following inforamation of that function module, Function Module Short Description Function Group Package Application Component 3. And open the following link for some very use ful function modules. Link: [Function modules list|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/ABAPFunctionModules] Thanks, Naveen.I

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can search a FM of your requirement by putting in the Key words and searching for a FM. Like * KEYWORD * and then pressing F4.

Say for example you need to search something regarding converstion.

Search for * CONVERT * and press F4.

If there is something specfic like converting date to something you can give

• DATE * CONVERT *

OR

• CONVERT * DATE * and press F4.

Once you narrow down your search you will have a Function module documentation inside the Function module. Please note that all the FMs willl not have documentation.

Regards,

Pramod

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

use these tables to find function modules.

TFDIR

ENLFDIR.

to know more about the function module details read documentation of that function module from se37.

Former Member
0 Kudos

easiest way is jst to google " function module name abap " and you will get the complete details

naveen_inuganti2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.. For most of the function modules FUNCTION MODULE DOCUMENTATION is availble in SAP. You can see the function module documentaion to know the functionality and the parameters of the function module. Ex: Check for REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY And the search for the function module can be done in some of following ways. 1. Search with the related word like above friends mentioned. 2. Or you can go to SE15-> Function modules, where you can get function odules name if you know any following inforamation of that function module, Function Module Short Description Function Group Package Application Component 3. And open the following link for some very use ful function modules. Link: [Function modules list|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/ABAPFunctionModules] Thanks, Naveen.I