cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business objects Infoview too slow to retrieve data from SAP BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a report in BO infoview built on BO Universe which is again built on SAP BI Bex Query.

The Bex Query shows result in 5-10 seconds, where as the report in the infoview shows the result in 10-12 minutes. Where do you think that the performance is robbed.

Can any please help us in improving the performance.

Thanks in advance

Goutham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you provide some more on details on the following :

- what are the elements in the query ?

- what are the elements in the WebI report ?

- what kind of filters or variables are being used ?

- which version of the BusinessObjects software are you using ?

thanks

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ingo,

the business WEBI report has 5 tabs, and they are mapped to 2 SAP BI query,

1) the queries has a customer exit variable to filter the data (Both Queries)

2) 2 static filters (Both Queries)

3)one of the SAP BI query has pop Variable on Data characteristic.

4)1 key figure (Both)

5) 10 Free characteristics.

6)there are also some display attributes of "0BPATNER" characteristic used in BO WebI.

The results are pretty fast in SAP BI Queries, when it come to BO i takes lot of time.

Rgds, goutham

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you make sure that you go to transaction RSRT and set the option "using the selection of structure elements" in the properties for the query.

How many items are you using in the Web Intelligence report and how many items are in the BI query ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for reply.

I have the changed the properties in RSRT as suggested. Though i need to test it for this change.

I have also made the Display attributes of Business Partner to navigation attributes which has also improved the performance.

The number of items:-

1) the number rows and coloums in the 2 BI queries are similar. all the items in the SAP BI query are used in the webi report.

a) 12 rows in both sap bi query and Webi

b) one key figure in both

c) 2 static filters, 1 customer exit filter for both queries.

d)addition pop-up variable for one the sap bi query.

once again thanks for your response.

Rgds, goutham

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

- which version and FixPack have you deployed from BusinessObjects ?

- a navigational attribute actual will hurt the performance.

when you say 12 rows are you refering to 12 items in the rows in the query or is this refering to 12 rows of actual data ?

how many elements are in the rows / columns / free characteristics in the BI query ?

how many elements are in the query for Web Intelligence ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ingo

Thanks for your quick reponse.

I shall give update on the Fix pack ,Meanwhile, Our BO is XIR2 with integration kit for XIR2.

1) the actual data is more than 100K.

2) 12 elements in rows. 1 element in column

3) Similar number of elements in Webi

I had change the display attributes to navigational attributes because, the display attribute is used in Webi report as a drill down

How will the "Selection option in RSRT" increase the performance?

thanks in advance.

Rgds, Goutham

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

so we are talking about:

- 12 characteristics

- more than 100.000 rows of data ?

That will result in more than 1 mill cells in some cases and as of know that is a limit in the OLAP BAPI.

You really want to consider moving to the XI Release 3.0 because there have been significant performance enhancements in the solution.

On the Display attributes : they are used as detail objects in Web Intelligence.

if you want to compare the performance you can download a 90 day trial version

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ingo,

thanks for your reply.

1)100K rows of actual data is after i drill down to all the elements.

2)the limit we set in the BO side is 5000 rows.

3) yes we were using the display attribute as a detail object (Drill down) in Webi, but we changed them to navigational attribute in BI side so the performance has improved.

I have one more general question.

If SAP BI query is taking around 15 seconds to display results in Bex Analyzer,

the same Query is used to design a Universe and Webi reports how much time does it ideally takes to show results in Webi?

Rgds, Goutham.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you regenerate the universe after changing the display attributes to navigational attributes ?

In terms of performance that depends a little bit on the BI query. I would highly recommend to move to XI Release 3

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ingo,

Thanks for ur reply.

Yes we have regenerated the universe after we changed the display attributes to navigational attributes, the performance on the BO side has improved.

My client is also evaluating the benefits of XI R3 in terms of performance and other features. i shall let you know we do some evaluation.

thanks for your valuable advise.before i close this. please give me a rough estimate on this question

If SAP BI query is taking around 15 seconds to display results in Bex Analyzer,

the same Query is used to design a Universe and Webi reports how much time does it ideally takes to show results in Webi?

Thanks and Regards

Goutham

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in release XIr3 Web Intelligence - assuming you run the identical report with the same characteristics and keyfigures - should come back nearly in the same time.

In release Xir2 there are some known issues where this could become an issue

ingo