SAP TechEd Discussions
Join the conversation around SAP TechEd! Discuss details of technical sessions and workshops and anything else conference related.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greetings from SAP Teched in Berlin

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings from SAP Teched in Berlin

43 REPLIES 43

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

where have you been yesterday @ Community Day? It was great to meet people.

Cheers

Thomas

0 Kudos

At home, didnt manage to arrive yesterday, so i have to get up at 3:45 this night

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers from me to CC too.

This place where we are is certainly the conference venue with the weirdest floor plan imaginable.

There are numerous levels and stairs with different lengths and bridges to lecture rooms and, an, and... Probably this place is intended for more static events, where disjunct groups are to held events in parralel, but it is certainly not for thousands of people commuting every 70 minutes.

Another funny thing is the room numbering. There are regular numbers and TECHED ones which are - of course - out of sync. So, L6 is at Room 4. or was it the other way round? Additionally, some halls carry superscripts to their numbers, looks like 12^3, but it is not clear what this is good for.

Just funny. The architect surely sits in the lobby with an evil grin whenever there is a larger congress

But the lectures are great (and crowded) as always, the food is good and networking works well(as long as you find each other).

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm told on good authority that it used to be an airport. It's certainly just as easy to get throughly lost in.

matt

0 Kudos

The WLAN is really slow and I haven't met Anton Wenzelhuemer yet, but everything else is fantastic...

Greetings from the Clubhouse Coffee Corner

0 Kudos

I am not able to access the photos from Berlin. I saw many blogs on Community Day TechEd Vegas. but not many from Berlin. Who else attended community Day..?

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Give us a chance - it was only yesterday.

0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

it was a pleasure to meet you & the other guys.

There is a nice close-up of your bruise in Marilyn's Flickr show (scroll through 1 1/2 pages):

http://flickr.com/photos/marilynpratt/sets/72157608003710128/show/

Cheers

Thomas

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And she promised to photoshop that for me as well!

0 Kudos

What a pity i didnt met any of you, but i was running around like anton, the hand-out H9 is located at H11-2 so it took me a while to figure out where it is, H9 is SAP language, H11-2 is ICC language meeting.

What i hate is that i was only allowed to prebook 2 handouts, for additional handouts you havre to stay in a waiting queue, finally having luck getting a seat without computer => no exercise.

Tomorrow i pre booked the abap xml... will see if the prebooking is working

0 Kudos

>

> Another funny thing is the room numbering. There are regular numbers and TECHED ones which are - of course - out of sync. So, L6 is at Room 4. or was it the other way round?

Nono, Room 6 is not assigned to any Ln Teched Numbers

I would like to call this "Knossos labyrinth of Berlin"

But... at the second day i'm able to rush from H9 to H2 in less then 30 Minutes

0 Kudos

I found the "yellow angels" very helpful in finding the way. Of course, on Monday there were probably much less people on the floors than now.

Enjoy

Thomas

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We were somewhat outnumbered by staff, yes. It must have been a shock for them on Tuesday.

0 Kudos

Matt , i can't find your photo in the link mentioned by Thomas. if possible share some more from TechEd Berlin.

0 Kudos

Vijay take look 28th pic from the left.

PS:Look at Matt only

Cheers

0 Kudos

Thanks to Gregor Wolf:

http://picasaweb.google.de/gregor.wolf/SAPCommunityDayBerlin#5256742536946143330

from right to left: projector, myself, Matt, Mike P.

0 Kudos

thanks for sharing the picture thomas.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>

> from right to left: projector, myself, Matt, Mike P.

Or increasing order of hair...

0 Kudos

You and matt seems twins

Cheers

0 Kudos

Look at Matt trying to show-off that he has more hair than Thomas.

pk

0 Kudos

From left to right :

How we lose hair over years

From right to left:

How Transplantation works

PS: I am Totally bald

0 Kudos

Good thing you mentioned who the projector was

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> And she promised to photoshop that for me as well!

As my (Chinese) wife says - all these caucasians look the same.

0 Kudos

>

>

> Or increasing order of hair...

seems you are wrong. first decreased and then increased.

0 Kudos

>

> Thanks to Gregor Wolf:

> from right to left: projector, myself, Matt, Mike P.

Wow...U r looking great Gentlemen ....Really good ...I Thought seeing your name...ZOLCH as some chinese person..But Nice pictures.....and I suspect Hair that is fallen is the count the knowledge you gain.....Hatsoff ...

Thanks thomas for providing pictures....and i really like to know your country (I am unable to judge from the Flag )

Regards

Sas

Ps: i Really love all you people to meet one day in this techd occassion in india....But really i dont What is the procedure what should be the qualfication or what else need to do ....

0 Kudos

Sas, my friend, I insist on the traditional "Zloch" spelling. Chinese...that's interesting, it is actually of Polish origin. My flag stands for Germany, home to Beer, Mercedes and Wurst (BMW).

All thanks goes to Gregor for taking the pictures.

Reg. Community Day, anybody can sign up and join, just follow the links here in SCN. There is a fee, unless you rack up an insane number of contributions to SCN

Not commenting on my hairdo, I just completed a 30-day [flowbee|http://www.flowbee.com/] trial.

Cheers

Thomas

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> >

> > Or increasing order of hair...

> seems you are wrong. first decreased and then increased.

Please don't destroy my illusions delusions.

0 Kudos

> You and matt seems twins

>

> Cheers

what about this..?

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did notice some similarity, but my family is French aristocrat, and his are Polish.

0 Kudos

Who knows...? It could be a Kane and Abel situation.

Not commenting on my hairdo, I just completed a 30-day flowbee trial.

Im sorry the suction-pipe malfunctioned and sucked up a little too much.

pk

Edited by: prashanth kishan on Oct 17, 2008 9:27 AM

0 Kudos

> > You and matt seems twins

> >

> > Cheers

what about this..?

For your answer, look at Matt's last reply.

0 Kudos

i read that yesterday night itself.

0 Kudos

yep it was good teched, the debugging hands on course was already enough to make my whole congress worth the time

I also took some pictures, will sort them out later now I'have to work

kind regards

arthur

0 Kudos

once you are done, please share.

Thanks

Vijay

0 Kudos

ofcourse

ok and here some pictures of teched, not much but still worth sharing I guess

http://thehospages.com/pictures/misc/2008-10-13-sapteched/

kind regards

arthur de smidt

Edited by: A. de Smidt on Oct 19, 2008 5:54 PM

0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately we did not meet at TechEd, but based on the angle and distance of the photo of Boris with the debugger presentation, you were the person who asked about sequence testing in the function builder, right?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

hmmm I don't think that was me since I know sequence testing but it is possible.

I was on the first pc on the right .

I asked him about how to debug the values global variables with watchpoint which exist in the function group alone. in that case it is impossible to create the watchpoint at the start of the program since the variable doesn't exist yet.

here is a very recent picture of me , perhaps you recognize me now

http://thehospages.com/pictures/2008-parties/2008-10-18-denachtspelen/image015.jpg

kind regards

arthur

0 Kudos

Ahh Awesome Art Behind you

Cheers

0 Kudos

those are his working-day-blues being put behind on a club-hopping, dance-floor-wrecking, gallons-gulping weekend.

pk