Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lot size

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PP Experts,

Please explain following

1. We produce FG in Batch of 22 unit. My requirement is 80 unit.How do I map this.Please give example of Lot for lot order quantity,Fixed lot size.When it need to maintain minimum,maximum,fixed lot size.Please helpout will appreciate.Don't suggest any link or SAP library.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lot for lot order qty: EX

System will create a planned order equal to demand or req qty as a single planned order.

If you create demand for 80 qty, system will create planned order for 80 qty as a single order.

Fixed lot size: FX

Say fixed lot size 10. If demand is 100 when MRP run system will create 10 planned orders due to fixed lot size of 10.

Say Ordering a Oil barrel - it is 200 litres. Not possible to order for 180 or 190 litres. Like this situation fixed lot size will use.

minimum,maximum:

Min & max lot size used in reorder point planning.

Say to procure a material considering transport charge, to equalize that, we have to order atleast this much qty. This is min order qty.

Regards,

Dharma

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you use Lot size EX - Lot for lot order qty and assign max lot size in MRP1 view. Then system will create order with exect to the requirement.

EX - exact lot size, SAP calculates the exact quantity that is needed. (requirement minus available stock) as the order quantity in the case of a material shortage.

FX - SAP will use the fixed order quantity entered in your material master as order quantity

Min lot size is the minimum quanity in which order can be produced eg. 40 Max lot size is the maximum quanitity in which the order can be produced/procured. eg. 100

In MRP run takes all the above parameter to plan order. eg. . If requirement is 120, it will produce two orders - one for 100 and the other for 40. if the reuqirement is 10, the order size will be 40.

In your case you can use FX with 80 as a lot size.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks to all,I really appreciate you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume requirement is 80.

If we maintained EX in lot size,

then one lot with 80 will be created.

If we maintain FX in lot size and 22 in the Fixed lot size field,

it creates 1st lot with 22 and checks, requirement is not fulfilled.

again 2nd lot with 22 and checks, requirement is not fulfilled.

again 2nd lot with 22 and checks, requirement is not fulfilled.

Now atually if lot of 14 is created, Total requirement will be satisfied (222222+14 = 80). But we maintained Fixed lot size. so it creates 4th lot with same Fixed size that is 22.

so total 4 lots of each 22.

Minimum and Maximum lot sizes can be maintained in Quota arrangement concepts.

Kiran.

Edited by: S G Kiran on Oct 14, 2008 1:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

If you are taking Lot for Lot quantity then whatever will be your requirement, system will create planned order for the same quantity.

If you are taking Fixed order quantity i.e 22 then system will generate requirements i.e. Planned orders of 22 quantity only.

as per your example if your requirement is 80 then in case of lot for lot system will create one planned order of 80 and in case of fixed order quantity it will create four planned order.

I hope you are clear with this.

As per you requirement if you are producing in fixed qty of 22 then go for fixed lot size.

Regards,

Anand.