Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

date adjustment when deadlines are exceeded

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

In Transaction OPU5 In Field 'Adjust Dates ' you specify

whether and how basic dates are adjusted to production dates (for example, when exceeding dates) and what the dates for dependent requirements should be

what means of deadlines exceeded, can you give me example ?

Regards

Rami

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Question is little bit confused eventhough I can explain regarding Adjust dates.

Adjust basic dates dep req to Order start date:

System will schedule the Basic dates by considering Inhouse production time from material master.

But Scheduled dates calculated by timings from routing. If the inhouse production time & routing both are not equal means system will show diff dates in Basic dates & Scheduled dates.

Depends on selection in OPU5, Basic dates will change to schedule dates.

Dependent requirement to Opn date:

Dependent req Basic finish date will move to header level material basic start date.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System schedules dates by taking Start date in Forward / End date in Backward.

IF the lead time is not sufficient i.e. for example:

Finish date is 10th jan, in Backward schedule start date is calculated by system (from Routing Standard values) as 2nd Jan. But Basic start date is 4th jan. So it exceeds.

Then system try to reduce cushion periods. ( Scedule margin Key- Floats) in 6 levels. This is also will be maintained in OPU5.

We will give 1st level 10%

2nd level 20%

6th level 100% Like that.

So system checks level by level, First it reduces 10% in floats, If time is sufficient it will will fix the date, otherwise it will try with 2nd level i.e. 20% reduction in float time... and so on.

Finally it concludes the Start date.

I hope with this explanation, It is clear.

Kiran.

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran,

First of all i am not maintain ( Scedule margin Key- Floats) in material master

so the basic start date will equal to the schsduled start date

what will cause Basic start date to be in 4th jan

BS Basic start date

SS Schsduled start date

SF Schsduled finish date

BF Basic finish date

Best Regards

Rami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Eventhough if you not maintained floats, it is not necessary that basic dates & scheduled dates should come as same.

In my previous reply I have mentioned Inhouse prod time & routing time. Kindly look at that.

what will cause Basic start date to be in 4th

Is it created by manually created prod order? or

What is the scheduling type you are using in planned order & prod order?

When is the req date?

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In backward scheduling the system adjusts the basic start date if necessary, in the case of forward scheduling the basic finish date. The basic finish date is not adjusted in planned orders.

During scheduling the starts at the basic finish date and redetermines the production dates and the basic start date. If the new basic start date differs from the old date in the order, the system copies the new basic start date to the order.

If the new production start date is before the old basic start date in the order, the system reduces the lead time - if you have set reduction up- before it adjusts the basic start date. It tries to reduce the lead time sufficiently so that the production dates are within the old order basic dates.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,

Anand.

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anand Joshi ,

I can Press F1 and Read Help , I need to to understand with example if you can .

and as i said what is the Deadlines ?

Regards

Rami