cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualified table concept

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to discuss, the concept of Qualified table in MDM 5.5.

Now, in my repository I have main table Business Partner which has a Lookup field Tax Number which is Lookup(Qualified-Flat) (multi-valued).

There are 2 fields in this table which are both Display field.

Tax Number is a Qualifier and Tax Number Type is Non-qualifier.

Now, for a record in Business Partner in Qualified Lookup field Tax Number, there are 4 values.

Tax Number Type| Tax Number

Permanent | 840987

Temporary | 432

Temporary | 432

Permanent | 5432

Now, according to Qualified table concept: For each association of Business Partner Record with Tax Number Type: Permanent or Temporary.

There should be a Tax Number as Qualifier. But it need not be unique. Then, the significance is, it as an association with the Tax number type.

Now, if we see from MDM point of view: The non-qualified value need not be duplicate.

So, my data is wrong but the values are Ok.

Regards

Kaushik Banerjee

Edited by: Kaushik Banerjee on Oct 14, 2008 12:46 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Tax Number Type| Tax Number

Permanent | 840987

Temporary | 432

Temporary | 432

Permanent | 5432

Two things I would like to share:

- When you select any data to be fit for saving in a qualifier table,you need to understand it very well.As given in your above example,Tax no type is the non-qualifier determing the Qualifier tax num.As far as i understand this data,it would not be absolutely correct to say that the Tax num type alone can determine the tax num.You can have all tax numbers either Permanent or temporary,but this alone cannot determine the tax number values.what i mean is that by jsut classifying the number as permanaent or temporary you cannot say the num to be so and so.In thsi case if you are saving this kind of data in a qualified table you may need another field to detrrmine the Tax num and the combination of the two of non qualifier field will decide the qualifier for all incoming records.

- When you import the qualified tabe,you will map the non qualifier.In this case out of your 4 non qualifier values only 2 will enter MDM as the matching field is tax num type and there are only two distinct values in this field.So in that case you will have two unique non qualifier values which will determine the qualifiers accordingly for all main table records

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

This proves that Non-Qualifier value should be unique and should not be repeated or the data becomes redundant and duplicate.

You are right, here Permanent or Temporary cannot be associated with Qualifier Tax Number. Rather there should be another Non-Qualifier like PAN No. which should be unique and the Combination of Tax Number Type with PAN No. should be used as Non-qualifier. PAN No. is always unique.

Regards

Kaushik Banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Yes, it is important for Non-Qualifier to be Unique in a Qualified table to have the correct data in MDM.

Some of the real time scenarios that I have worked on have Qualified table with Unique Non -Qualifiers .

such as Company Code,Bank Details,Fax-Number,Phone Number etc are Non-qualifiers which actually hold Unique values in MDM

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

concept of Qualified table in MDM 5.5:

At times data is stored in such a way that duplication is unavoidable due to the storing mechanism and other factors. It may also happen that the data is sparse. The efficient way of storing data in such scenarios is the use of Qualified tables as it reduces the size of the main table and removes the unnecessarily created duplicates.

Qualifiers u2013 are those fields whose values change based on the value of some other field(s) and whose value is different for each main table record

Non Qualifiers u2013 These fields are only the part of qualified lookup table, but they apply not only to the qualified table but also to each association of the qualified table record to the main table record. Simply speaking, they are the fields that will decide the values in the Qualifier (main table)fields.

As per your scenario, what simona explained is right.

and Tax number type is unique.

Hope this may help you,

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kausik,

In addition to your valuable input, i am adding this:

Qualifiers( Whose value can vary for each main table record)

Non Qualifiers ( Fixed set of records)

Could you please clear me what is your question in this Qualified table concept ?

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I just want to know whether I am conceptually right or wrong.

Regards

Kaushik Banerjee