cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategy 50 (MTO) question...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me out on this. Our client is using strategy 50 for FGs. And all the new sales orders are visible in stock requirement list (MD04). But our clients have certain customers who are on credit hold. Our client does'nt want the sales orders from the customers who are on credit hold to be visible in MD04 and actually lead to a production. Can this be done?

Regards,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In MD04 you get list on material base and not on customer specific.

So i think its not possible to restrict.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

You are right when you say the selection criteria for MD04 itself is material based. But is there anything from SD side to restrict the orders coming from certain customers into MD04?

Thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Just check with you SD person regardin the same in Credit managment system in SD as said by Kiran.....

As said by him if such setting is available then system will not allow you to create sales order for that customer so there no question of coming of the customer requirment in MD04.

Regards,

Anand.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Select the item in sales order (VA02). Goto proceurement tab for the item. U will find SLCA (Schedule line category). Select CN. The requirement will not be passed to MD04.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BNR,

I tried what you have suggested, but the schedule line field is CP by default and the field is greyed out. It is not editable. I checked the field in both VA01 and Va02, in both the cases it cannot be changed!

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If subsequent processing has taken place I dont think u can change this field. While creating a sales order or immediately in VA02 you can change to CN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BNR,

As I have already mentioned in my post I tried creating a new sales order and change it, no subsequent processing has taken place. Even while creation (VA01) the field is grey.

Thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This setting is with Item category where only one SL would have been allowed. Check with the SD counter part. Or goto SD-Sales-Sales documents-schedule lines. Select define scheduling line and assign sch lines.

Item category is assigned to material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this good insturment caleed Credit management in SD is there.

FI will maintain credit limit for every customer. Whenever this credit is exceeded, Sales order from that customer will be rejected in VA01.

so these requirements will not be passed to MRP.

Its stnadard functionality in SAP.

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I will talk to my FI and SD counterparts and come back. Mean while, it would be nice if you could tell me where exactly the settings are...

Thanks in advance.

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Based on discussion with my SD consultant I came to know that,

Sales order for credit Exceeded customers can be controlled in so many ways.

1) straight away it will be blocked so that no requirements transfer to MD04.

2) Requirements can eb paseed with User manually accepted upom message pop up.

3) Requirements can be paseed to MD04 but Delivery doc cant be generated.

So in what way we want control, Disuss with Client and before that with SD consultant for Configuration.

Kiran.