Order related & delivery related billing
I have a scenario which is explained as under:
In the sales order i have the following line items:
1. ATM machine - 1 qty. This will be a stock item.
2. ATM installation - 1 qty. This will be a service item so non-stock item.
3. Cables - 500 Mts. This will be a stock item.
4. Cables Installation - 1 qty. This will be a service item so non-stock item.
Now I have a project sales scenario (no PS configuration) & suppose the total order value is 1000 USD. Now the client wants to create 3 different invoices. The payment scenario will be
1. 50% after order confirmation. Once the sales order is confirmed, then an invoice should be generated from the system with a value of 500 USD. For this particular invoice the payment term will be "within net 7 days".
2. 40% after the delivery has been done. An invoice to be generated from the system with a value of 400 USD. For this particular invoice the payment term will be "within net 15 days".
3. 10% after installation, commissioning & testing. An invoice to be generated from the system with a value of 100 USD. For this particular invoice the payment term will be "within net 7 days".
2 different document types will be used - one for normal sale & the other one for project sales scenario. For normal stock items the item category is TAN & the billing relevance for this is "A-delivery related billing". Also for service items it is TAX with billing relevance as "B - Relevant for order-related billing - status acc.to order qty".
I will create a new item category as ZTAN & ZTAX for the stock items & service items. I will use billing relevance as "I - Order-relevant billing - billing plan" & use milestone billling.
In the milestone billing, I will create 3 different milestones -
1. Order Confirmation - amount 50%
2. Delivery Completion - 40%
3. Installation & testing - 10%
So whenever i will use the project sales order type I will create direct invoices with reference to the sales order through the billing plan...........for my normal sales order it will be delivery related billing for the same items.
Is my solution correct?
1. If i create order related billing for stock items then will there be any effect on the delivery & PGI. Will the system again allow to create the invoice with reference to the delivery?
With best regards,