Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed MRP

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PP Experts,

Can anybody give me detail example so I can understand what is need to maintain Mixed MRP indicator in MRP 3 view.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor

Dear,

Defines whether the material is available for:

1) Subassembly planning with final assembly

2) Gross requirements planning

3) Subassembly planning without final assembly

The purpose of Mixed MRP is to calculate the Gross Requirements Planning for Planned order in the MRP run.

Mixed MRP is used for strategy 11 Gross requirements planning,52 Subassembly planning without final assembly ,Subassembly planning with final assembly.Those strategy are perform diffrently when compare with others.For example 11 will not consider warehoue stock unlike others.MRP genearted planned order for strategy 52 can not be converted into production unless SO is available unlike other startegy.

Hope this will help in understanding about the Mixed MRP indicator

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rammohan_shenoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raja,

Mixed MRP has many uses

Few of them are

1. Purpose

Demand Management can also be used to plan across plants. For each material, there is a planning plant that procures and stores the materials independently of orders. There are also one or more ordering plants in which the materials are used for sales orders, production orders, or for other requirements.

Prerequisites

You must set up the material master as follows:

Planning Plant

Ordering Plant

Any strategy group

Special procurement type = 40

Mixed MRP indicator = 1

2. Component planning use Strategy group 70, mixed MRP = 1

3. You have assigned the planning strategy Make-to-stock prod./gross reqmts planning to the material in the field Strategy group in the material master (MRP 3 view).

You have set the indicator for gross requirements planning for the material in the Mixed MRP field in the material master (MRP 31 view).

4. Examples from Industry

Heavy-duty industries such as steel manufacturing (blast furnace) and the cement industry.

Prerequisites

You need to maintain the following master data for the finished product:

Maintain strategy group 11 on the MRP screen.

Set the Mixed MRP indicator to 2 on the MRP screen.

Hope this helps. Please award if useful. Else please come back.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to my Obeservation, Mixed MRP is being used only in strategies in which the the stock or requirement of Final Assembly is to be neglected completely or partially .

U see, for example we use this in Plannnig with subassembly.

Correct me if I wrong.

Kiran.

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raja,

Mixed MRP indicator example would be in case the Material is planned for planning strategy "11", once the Material is assigned with planning strategy "11", then Mixed MRP indicator "2"- Gross Planning should be assigned.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Please let us know what is your exact requirement.

Regards,

Anand.