cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transfer from Storage Location to Storage Location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we create a same material master maintained in Two stogare Locations having Two Profit Centers ???????? Presently system is not allowing me to change the profit center for second storage location under Plant/Storage Location 2 View. Since My requirement is to Stock transfer of material from one storage location to other storage location with two differnt profit cetres.

Kindly give some valuable suggestions .

regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No. It is not possible as Profit center is maintained at Plant level and not at S.Location level

Regards

Merwyn

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

The valuation area can be either at the Company code level or at the plant level, Profit center will be at the plant level. Inventory is valuated at the plant level (usually) , in case you need to show a seperate profit center for a specific Storage location it should be created under a different Plant.

Regards

Merwyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create 2 plants and then you can assign diff, profit centers to their storage locations..

tx

Uts

Award if helpfull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rambhupal,

The Profit center is maintained at the table MARC-PRCTR, which is at the plant level and not at the S.Location level, pl check...

S.Location level data are maintained at MARD table

Regards

Merwyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Merwyn / Rambu ,

I had several issues with the profit center maintained at Plant level instead of storage location .

1.How can in a integrated industries will transfer a goods to different storage location with different price having single plant with different business centers which is considered as a profit centers in Standard SAP?????

2.With the use of enhancement can we change the profit center maintained at Plant level to storage location level .ie can we maitain in table MARD instead of MARC-PRCTR ????

3.Will it be a logical solution as far as FI integration is considered????

I need your valuable suggestion on this matter.......

regards,

Yogesh

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

If thinking logically, the profit centres are maintained for the contolling area, company code etc....Now As per the organisational structure, the company has n number of ledgers ..out of it one is for Profit centre...this ledger is assiged for each plant in the co.code...

Now as per your question, when you want to trasfer material from one storage loc to other sto. loc. then the std. ledger will be applied to both the storage loc. of the plant....And as it is defined at plant level, you can't have two different ledgers for two sto. locations.....

As per the std sap system the scenerio is not applicable...

Hope it helps...

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can enter different profit center in different storage locations.

Please check the field selection.I am able to give different profit centers in different storage location views for the same material and plant.

Regards,

Rambhupal