cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System form resizing problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I expanded the width of the Sales Quotation system form and move fields to the right to allow space for new fields in the centre.

I used the oForm.Width to adjust this.

If I load the form, expand to full screen, everyhting is in the right place and looks good. However, if i adjust the form dimensions slightly and then expand to full screen the form items, system and user defined, overlap or get lost under the central tab area etc etc. To recover I have to resize the form so both X and Y scroll bars appear, close the form, and then load the form so that it appears with its system minimum dimensions.

Has anyone else experienced this? I also notice that another parameter for forms is oForm.Clientwidth, what is the difference as I can't make this work either???

I can release my addon if someone wishes to try this and see what I am experiencing or I can upload photos.

I think it just that the addon need to take care of dynamic form sizing - cater for resizing events?

Any Ideas???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I have noticed something else.....

oForm.Width = oForm.Width + iUnitMove - everytime the form loads it is iUnitMove extra on width

oForm.ClientWidth = oForm.ClientWidth + iUnitMove - everytime the form loads the form GROWS by iUnitMove each time it is loaded

So my question still stands, has anyone exanded a system form to make more room and experienced the GUI problems I've experienced.

My Code is ready to email if anyone wants to test in debug mode.

Thanks,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave

I'm using the generator of xml file of the form and impose both parameters equal.

This is not create the problems in the form's view.

I think that SAP is arranged to do everything.

Try to set only with and heigh.

Regards

Sierdna S.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did get different behaviour, if you use my snippet of code to manipulate the sales quotation form you see that item's relationship to the form is different.

I will see if I can get pics.

This is just another "rubbish" downside of SDK, "looks good if you don't resize the form"

Beginning to find these little problems tedious and frustrating!

Former Member
0 Kudos

So,

No one can tell me the difference between .width and .clientwidth on a form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

i tested using Both Width and client width of a form.. am not getting any difference..

i think both are same only...

folks, if am wrong let me know..

Regards,

Ganesh k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

From SDK:

- client_width : Specifies the width of the area in which you can add items (client rectangle).

- width : Specifies the form width (including the title area) in pixels.

Regards

Sierdna S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right, Iam in the middle of my new version but this is the snippet of code that causes the problem, if not clear from this then I'll email code out later.

Private Sub oApp_ItemEvent(ByVal FormUID As String, ByRef pVal As SAPbouiCOM.ItemEvent, ByRef BubbleEvent As Boolean) Handles oApp.ItemEvent
        If pVal.EventType = SAPbouiCOM.BoEventTypes.et_FORM_LOAD And pVal.FormType = 149 And pVal.Before_Action = True Then
            Try
                Dim oItem As SAPbouiCOM.Item
                Dim oForm As SAPbouiCOM.Form
                Dim oCombo As SAPbouiCOM.ComboBox
                Dim oEdit As SAPbouiCOM.EditText
                Dim oLabel As SAPbouiCOM.StaticText
                Dim oXplaneItem As SAPbouiCOM.Item
                Dim oYplaneItem As SAPbouiCOM.Item
                Dim iUnitMove As Integer
                Dim iCentralLocation As Integer
                Dim iBottomCentralLoc As Integer

oForm = oApp.Forms.Item(FormUID)

'Constants
                iCentralLocation = 75
                iBottomCentralLoc = 40
                iUnitMove = 350

'Add fields to Table for new Editbox fields
                oForm.DataSources.DBDataSources.Add("OQUT")

'Rename "Owner" static text to "FSE"
                oItem = oForm.Items.Item("230")
                oLabel = oItem.Specific
                oLabel.Caption = "FSE"

'Move Top RIght Fields to create space in middle for new date fields
                oForm.Width = oForm.Width + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("9").Left = oForm.Items.Item("9").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("88").Left = oForm.Items.Item("88").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("8").Left = oForm.Items.Item("8").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("60").Left = oForm.Items.Item("60").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("81").Left = oForm.Items.Item("81").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("11").Left = oForm.Items.Item("11").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("10").Left = oForm.Items.Item("10").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("86").Left = oForm.Items.Item("86").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("46").Left = oForm.Items.Item("46").Left + iUnitMove

'Move bottom right fields to create space in middle for new fields
                oForm.Items.Item("23").Left = oForm.Items.Item("23").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("22").Left = oForm.Items.Item("22").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("25").Left = oForm.Items.Item("25").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("24").Left = oForm.Items.Item("24").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("283").Left = oForm.Items.Item("283").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("42").Left = oForm.Items.Item("42").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("90").Left = oForm.Items.Item("90").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("91").Left = oForm.Items.Item("91").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("89").Left = oForm.Items.Item("89").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("99").Left = oForm.Items.Item("99").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("27").Left = oForm.Items.Item("27").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("30").Left = oForm.Items.Item("30").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("29").Left = oForm.Items.Item("29").Left + iUnitMove

'Move "Copy From" & "Copy To" buttons 
                oForm.Items.Item("10000330").Left = oForm.Items.Item("10000330").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("10000329").Left = oForm.Items.Item("10000329").Left + iUnitMove

'Expand Grid in Contents Tab to fit form again
                oForm.Items.Item("115").Width = oForm.Items.Item("115").Width + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("116").Width = oForm.Items.Item("116").Width + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("38").Width = oForm.Items.Item("38").Width + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("118").Left = oForm.Items.Item("118").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("65").Left = oForm.Items.Item("65").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("75").Left = oForm.Items.Item("75").Left + iUnitMove

'Move Items in Logisitcs Tab
                oForm.Items.Item("233").Left = oForm.Items.Item("233").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("223").Left = oForm.Items.Item("223").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("238").Left = oForm.Items.Item("238").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("224").Left = oForm.Items.Item("224").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("234").Left = oForm.Items.Item("234").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("234").LinkTo = "224"

'Move Items in accounting tab
                oForm.Items.Item("156").Left = oForm.Items.Item("156").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("157").Left = oForm.Items.Item("157").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("119").Left = oForm.Items.Item("119").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("120").Left = oForm.Items.Item("120").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("124").Left = oForm.Items.Item("124").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("123").Left = oForm.Items.Item("123").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("135").Left = oForm.Items.Item("135").Left + iUnitMove
                oForm.Items.Item("134").Left = oForm.Items.Item("134").Left + iUnitMove

'Hide system predicted closing date as picks 1 month later if not completed
                oForm.Items.Item("12").Visible = False
                oForm.Items.Item("13").Visible = False

Catch ex As Exception
                MsgBox(ex.Message)
            End Try
        End If
    End Sub

If you try this in debug mode, you will still see the system forms items affected in the way I have described.

Edited by: David Alexander on Oct 14, 2008 1:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

could you send the addon code to me?

you can find mail address in my profile.

Thanks.

Warren