cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the tecnical and description name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a problem I canu2019t view the description name in the bw query i look only the technical name and donu2019t have any order.

I change in Option > DataBase in table and fields both show. But not work.

Also I have other problem I canu2019t run the service u201CBW publisher Serviceu201D maybe the problem is the same

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

In one pc I can see the description name but in the others, I donu2019t look well the structure. But I can create the report in the pc is ok and I open the reports in the other and works, What could it be?

In other question when I try opening a crystal report front the SAP BW I have this error

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You can not redirect the Business Objects Enterprise.

Provided the following details:

Id. Invalid report. Unable to settle on a system of Business Objects Enterprise. Id. Report = 4BIC7OMKO1O7NX1VQAVKTDWUD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(This are translation with google I have the message in spanish)

Any idea whatu2019s happen

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the setting on viewing the technical names and the descriptions in Crystal Reports is a configuration in the CR designer per installation.

ingo

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In other chose do you know where I can get a u201CBO Information Discovery and Delivery whit SAPu201D training guide T-SAP XI R3 4001.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in regards to training I would suggest you contact the Education departments from BusinessObjects or SAP

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

But when you say u201CAs Application Type I select "Registered Server Program" and enter the Program ID that I configured previously for my BW Publishing Service as the Program here. Important - this is case sensitive.u201D Where you registered the program? I put the same name from the installation integration kit, this is ok or I need register the program in other place? Or I need do in other place?

Edited by: Diego Trettel on Oct 17, 2008 2:05 PM

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the BW Publishing service that you installed as part of the SAP Integration Kit has a ProgID that you configured during the installation (or you change it in the registry).

In transaction SM59 you need to re-use that.

Check the 3 Blogs I mentioned previously. They include the complete configuration steps

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

When I try testing a RFC connection I have a problem because the program is not registry, When I do registry the program and what parameter?

Thanks, saludos

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

did you check the 3 blog entries ?

The BW publishing service needs to be configured to point to the BI System and in SM59 you need to re-use the ProgID from the BW PUblishing service as the name of the registered program.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo, your blogs are like my bibles, are more clear than textbooks, but I have the problem that my knowledge of SAP are limited. And I can not wait for the systems department. In this case I have some doubts as to the RFC, can that is the problem? How can I check that the transports to be good?

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in regards to the RFC are you referring to the BW publisher service ?

did you check the settings in the registry ?

thanks

ingo

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

when you say you can only see the technical name does that mean there is no description at all for the fields ?

on the publishing :

could you follow the 3 blogs and make sure that the registry entries for the BW publishing service are all correct reflecting your SAP System ?

Publishing part 1

Publishing part 2

Publishing part 3

thanks

ingo