cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message not getting past Technical Routing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a HTTP -> RFC scenario that sometimes fails. When checking the message in SXMB_MONI I notice a grey dot in the status column next to the message, does anyone know what the grey dot signifies?. Upon opening the message I can't see any errors. The last entry in the log is 'Channel found: - CC_Rfc_Rec_R3E'. The message has gone through the following steps.

Inbound Message

Receiver Identification

Interface Determination

Message Branch According to Receiver List

Request Message Mapping

Technical Routing

Upon checking a successful message I notice that the final status is 'Call Adapter'. So it appears that my failing message does everything except for calling the adapter.

This interface does work and I can successfully run it manually using the HTTP test application. What I would like to understand is why it fails to call the adapter? I know it works and I know it's configured correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have u checked the Message Monitoring in RWB? The reason for this issue could be too much of load on server or large message for processing.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek,

Thanks for the advice. I've checked RTWB and I can see the message. This is a sync call so I see a message going to SAP and calling the RFC. Then I see a message going back to the calling application. I've compared this with a successful message and they both look the same. The RFC does take a while to complete but it looks like it's working.

My questions are:

Is there anything else I can check?

Why does SXMB_MONI not show the call adapter step when it obviously has made the RFC call?

Thanks

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why does SXMB_MONI not show the call adapter step when it obviously has made the RFC call?

The status in moni changes from log version to checkers flag after the RFC call has been executed and also you will be able to see the call Adapter step if the RFC call is finished.

If you want to cross check it, you can monitor this thing with SM50/sm66 in R/3 for Bapi execution time and open another window in XI for SXMB_MONI.

You'll see as soon as the rfc call completed log version changes to checkers flag with addition of Call Adapter.

Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Gray dot signifies the log version of a message. That means it is just the signal that indicates that the message has been reached to XI after it completes all the pipeline steps, this log version changes to checkers or red flag depending upon the RFC response.

This is generally seen if your BAPI takes long time to execute bcoz of load on system.

thanks!