cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any idea of automatic selective deletion or delete Existing Requests!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I need to delete the existing requests from ODS i.e.prev week data & then load for this week.Pls revert to me ASAP.

Thanks & Regards

BI Learner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Write a program to do selective deletion in the DSO and use it in process chain.

or

Delete datatarget contents before you do loading to DSO, if this is feasible.

Hope this help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas & Pradeep,

I dont want deletion of entire content as I am loading from different source to this target

In which I want to delete the top existing requests before I load into the target from its source.

Thanks for your time.

Pls provide me some solution.

Can you provide the program for selective deletion as I am not an expert in ABAP??

Thanks

BI Learner.

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use the function module

RSDRD_SEL_DELETION to do selective deletion.

You need an abaper for coding to use this.

Hope this helps.

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear BI learner,

I have the same requiremet..like...

I have APO system and every week plan values will come from APO to BW, I'll take from today to next 90 days, in the nest run I want to delete the data from that day to remaining data in cube and then I will load data from second week onwords, for this I desingned PC.

Start:

ABAP Program

RSDRD_DELETE_FACTS (in this you need to give varient i.e. your deletion settings)

and then

Load data to cube.

Thanks

Reddy

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Isnt RSDRD_DELETE_FACTS only for cubes ????

Edited by: Praveen G on Oct 14, 2008 6:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reddy,

Yep, as Praveen said, it is for cube..for cube we already have the delete overlapping requests...if I am not wrong.

If you have for ODS pls send me the func module for ODS...

I think still I can use that program to do the same for ODS...

hi Pradeep/Reddy

Actually mine is a Actual Production order data which is weekly loaded ... previously the KF was overwrite mode & now the key figure changed to Addition mode so which leads to Doubling the data...

So to avoid that I want to delete the existing & load the current data which is full Load...

Praveen, Let me see how far it helps me..If there is any other solution ..you can provide..pls help me.

Thanks for your ideas..

BI Learner

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not completely answered as I saw other posts related to this...I need to close this post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

I saw your threads for SELECTIVE DELETION of FUNCTION MODULE...

Can you tell me is that I can copy same code for selective deletion ?????

Actually since my Key Figure is changed to Addition mode from Overwrite mode, Since it will form a doubling of data, I need to delete the existing request & load this week full load...

Pls provide me a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can clear entire data in DSO, using infopackage settings. Are you looking for this..? plz elobarate...