cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-Rec : Block access to admin pages for external candidate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to block access to admin pages for external candidates so that they are not able to do the administrative tasks. Can someone please suggest how to achieve it.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Mukesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mukesh,

Seems there is mix up. The standard delivered start page for external candidates neither contain any administrative functions nor has links to admin page.

There are separate start pages for recruiter and admins, manage access for these pages is something part of how you set up roles and start pages.

regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for the reply.

There are no links available for admin pages. But if any user knows the link for the mail page of admin access, then he/she can put the url and it will directly take him to the admin page. We have tried to restrict the access by blocking access to such urls in the proxy. But using encrypted url, the user can still access those pages.

I hope I was able to clarify the problem.

Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

this happens because you have not restricted authorizations.

Via authorization PAOC_RCF_APPL RCF_APPL you can restrict start pages and logical applications (accessible as link from the startpage).

If you restrict the external candidate to start page id 9000 he has no other possiblity to access.

So never give higher authorizations than needed!

Edited by: Sebastian Menger on Oct 15, 2008 1:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying differnent options and also looking the option provided by you. Will let you know by today or tomorrow.

There is another problem that I am facing, if you can suggest something. Below is the url for it:

/message/6252501#6252501 [original link is broken]

Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can configure which pages a group of users can see in SPRO.

SAP E-Recruiting > Technical Settings > User Interfaces. Go through the nodes here and you can see how to add or remove links for the user. Once completed you can then generate URLs for each of the groups.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply.

Can you please provide me more details as to how can I block access to admin pages (say a set of functionalities e.g. delete requisition) for external users. I am not an expert of e-rec, so please be descriptive.

Thanks & Regards

Mukesh