Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Creation-ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using a zprogram to create a an IDOC Using 'Master_Idoc_Outbound'.Here i am not using any user exist such that,but when i am executing the program i facing an error 26. that is Syntax Error in IDoc(mandatory group Missing).

I have seen the blogs those are releated to the same error.but that doesn't match my problem.So I need your suggestion and inputs to over come this patch.

thanks,

Swathi.k

12 REPLIES 12

shivhare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

go to SM58 and check it

Thanks

Amit Shivhare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Test it in we19.

May be mandatory segment is not populated.

Rhea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems your IDoc's EDIDD tabel is not getting populated correctly. Check your porgram and see that you are appending each segment correctly and it correspond to the IDoc that you have defined.

regards,

Advait

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it depends on how you are populating the IDOC_DATA (edidd table). if you are not following the idoc segmenets order then you will end up with the errors. to avoid confusion you can test the same in WE19 transaction/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check your logic sequence in which you are populating the Segments into your IDOC_DATA internal table. Compare the same sequence with the IDoc structure defined in WE30. See if both are matching. If they are not and if you are missing to populate some of the Segments, you'll get an error status 26.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

You get an IDOC into 26 status, that means either the mandatory segment or field is missing in the final idoc. Check the final IDOC with the IDOC structure to know which mandatory segment or field is not populated into that.

Once you found the segment or field, then check the corresponding program or function module which is populating data into that idoc, why it didn't populate the data into that.

Please let me know what kind of IDOC type are you using in this interface.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I am using WMMBID02 idoc type for this interface and i extended the idoc with custom segment,and how should i give the hiearchy for the segments.

thanks,

Swathi.K

0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

When you have created a custom segment you would have added that as a child segment to a standard and you might have put that custom segment as mandatory in the WE30 transaction.

And if there is no data for the standard segment then your child segment will not be populated even though the code is written in the userexit and as your custom segment is a mandatory segment in the IDOC definition it will throw the IDOC into 26 status.

I have given you the explanation on the assumption that your custom segment is a mandatory segment in the IDOC, correct if I am wrong. Tell me what was the function module you have used to created that IDOC.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for replys,I havn't kept my custom segment as mandatory segment.If i am testing the IDOC from we19 its coming in green color.But when i am trying to create an idoc with my program its not creating its diplaying like IDOC can not created.THe function module used is Master_Idoc_Distribute.

I think u got my problem,if not let me know where u requried more clear so that u can help.

thanks,

Swathi.K

0 Kudos

Hi,

In WE19 transaction you are populating the data manually and then the idoc is getting created successfully, how are trying to create the idoc through you said you are using the function module MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE, for that what data are you passing from where are you fetching data to pass to that function module, did you pass the control record data as well to that and did you create the partner profile in WE20 transaction.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

+91-92821-27565.

0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

yes u r correct,iam using the same fm and i have given the requried data to that.The thing is like I told u that i got an error of 26 there i change some configuration settings that its showed green.After that i passed those cconfigruation values to my program.But while executing the program its shoeing the error in idoc creation.

thanks,

swathi.k

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the partner profile with your program to have them in sync, if the partner profile is not maintained for the partner type, partner number, message type, basic type and extension correctly then also you will get the error during IDOC creation.

Thanks,

Mahesh.