Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Bapi within LSMW ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to update the fields URGRP and URCOD present in the Item Causes tab for a quality notification.

I found the Bapi, which would help in this requirement.

IQS4_MODIFY_NOTIFICATION

Now i need to do a LSMW, by using this BAPI to update the fields.

Can someone suggest how to proceed ?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure this ' IQS4_MODIFY_NOTIFICATION' BAPI? Its not even RFC enabled in ECC6.

Anyways,

To use BAPI in you need find the corresponding business object, method from BAPI explorer (Tx BAPI) and then use that in LSMW.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone...??

0 Kudos

Anyonee....?

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure this ' IQS4_MODIFY_NOTIFICATION' BAPI? Its not even RFC enabled in ECC6.

Anyways,

To use BAPI in you need find the corresponding business object, method from BAPI explorer (Tx BAPI) and then use that in LSMW.

0 Kudos

Actually i am using it in 4.7 version.....

anyway.. how do i find out whether i can use this BAPI in LSMW or not..... in 4.7 ?

0 Kudos

I think if you can find this bapi in transaction BAPI... then you can use this in LSMW (using the values of business object, method)

0 Kudos

Hmm...well i get an information message stating "Only Released Bapi's are displayed".....

This bapi which i have mentioned is not released....

So we cant use it .... is it so...???

0 Kudos

Can someone..plz..tell me how to use this BAPI or FM, in LSMW.....??

0 Kudos

Hi

Why dont u straight away use LSMW to update these fileds in the transaction..using batch input method..

And if u search in SCN, you will get lot of threads about LSMW..

Regards,

Vishwa.

0 Kudos

Batch input method will not work, because, there could be more that 14 line items for a notification , and more that 10 item causes for a particular item, PAGE DOWN doesnt work in LSMW ...

0 Kudos

BDC???