cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People!

I don´t see the installation guide SM 4.0 and that has changed the SM 7.0.the doubt I have is the hardware requirements of the version of SM 4.0, as it is not required if the 6GB of RAM that indicates the installation guide SM 7.0. As you can tell?

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For the Solman you might need install Central system I think because it has no business process a HA is not nessary.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find the details on solution manager on http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager.

The latest NW04S based with kernel 700 is known as SM7

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have implemented the prerequisites checker and tells me I need at least 2048 MB and tells me I have 2047, that if I have a lot less than what states can give problems or facilities very long. Besides not meet other requirements that do not know what it is is the CPIC_MAX_CONV. What can I do?

In order to make the validation of the patches and create the key installation that is what I need to install? Or that way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I have doubts as to perform the installation. If using central system or central instance services (high availability). What's the difference?

Former Member
0 Kudos

CPIC_MAX_CONV is an operating system environment variable. You should set it regards to installation guide.

High availability means basically clustering. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It´s the SR2 release.

More thanks.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SM7 is the progression of SM4 you should be fine with the hardware requirements for SM4

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess. But where can I find the requirements of the solution manager 4.0?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use the ones for SM7 then... its the same thing

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then Solution manager needs 6GB memory RAM for to work? Or it can less??