cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL Web Dynpro application source code

Former Member
0 Kudos

How would I go about to get hold of the Java source for tckmcbc.uwl.ui~wd_ui in a form that would make it possible to import into NWDS for further development?

I've tried importing the source from src.zip under \JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\tckmcbc.uwl.ui~wd_ui into a fresh Web Dynpro project. After a while I got the build path right. But when building the project, I get around 500 error messages of this kind:

The type <X> is already defined

Now, what has happened, is that while the .java files under src/packages/... define all these classes, somehow the Web Dynpro plugin in NWDS generates fresh java files with exactly the same classes and places these under gen_wdp/packages/...

So when building the project, both set of java files are added to the mix and we end up with 500 duplicate classes.

What's going on here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Some addition and correction in my Earlier reply:

under the src\com\sap\netweaver\bc\uwl\ui folder remove java classes and WDP folder only from the folder which contain WDP folder ,For the folders which don't have WDP folder but have only java files that means that these are the utility classes.

Because when you reimport this under src/packages folder of DC after rebuilding WD will create the corresponding java classes in gen_wdp folder automatically.

Also please copy the ProjectProperties.wdproperties files under the src/packages folder of your wd dc so that all the WD references will be reflected in your new WD dc,

And dont copy the jar file in your DCs lib folder which i mentioned in the earlier reply because it contains the compile java classes of the WD project itself and it does not make any sense.

After rebuilding the dc you have to add few jar files in WD dc either by Used Dc or by including in the Build path some of these jar files are:

bc.uwl.service.api_api

tcepbcpcmadminapijava

com.sap.util.monitor.jarm

etc.

Regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I have a requirement to customize 'Remove' button functionality in Manage Attachment window. After reading SDN threads, I assume that in order to alter this , we need UWL source code tckmcbc.uwl.ui~wd_ui.

Can you please share the source code and the steps to configure that in NWDS?

Regards,

SPS

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Try doing the following:

Create a Local Wd Dc then copy the com folder, situated under the src folder into your Dcs src-packages folder from navigator view,

but before doing this just remove the .java files and wdp folder under com\sap\netweaver\bc\uwl\ui.

Also dont include the ProjectProperties.wdproperties and content.xml file.

After doing this Rebuild the dc. Now in Used component you will see some missing component usages, delete those usages from the used component also delete the entries from component controller and interface controllers property by going into Required controller list in properties section.

Then in interface controller comment the error lines which are trying to call some interface controller methods of other component.

also dont forget to copy the jar file situated under the

erver0\apps\sap.com\tckmcbc.uwl.ui~wd_pp\webdynpro\public\lib in the lib folder of your wd dc

Rebuild your dc again and check if it build properly.

i am not sure about the exact requirement but i think you have to create the missing component usages again which you have deleted, by including the required WD Dc as Used DC

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth, that was very helpful. I've managed to get the project to build successfully.

I found out about the missing java files under utils, control, control/retriever, creators and actions when trying to build, so I imported those and that was it. The build path I also got sorted out by locating the missing JARs with [Class Locator|http://sourceforge.net/projects/classlocator].

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Did you manage to deploy the application to the server....?

We are able to compile the UWL source code and when we are trying to deploy it from NWDS... It throws up the error

"':Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application ZUWL.. Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application ZUWL. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application ZUWL. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine? (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

"

We have provided the standard library reference also "tc/epbc/pcm/adminapi/java" and "tc/kmc/bc.uwl/api" to this WD.

We tried different approach also created the custom library DC and referenced it... But no success..

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks & regds,

Jithendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jithendra

I never got around to trying to deploy it, as we sorted out our problem with configuration rather than modifying the source code. Good luck!

-martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin,

Anyone tried to deploy the modified UWL webdynpro?

Thanks & Regds,

Jithendra

vikas_saxena3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jithendra,

I am also having the same problem *java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application * while UWL Web Dynpro application deployment.

Did you get any solution of it. Please share with me.

Thanks a lot in Advance.

-Vikas

PuneetSaxena
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Are you able to import the application in your NWDS and able to run application.

I'm also facing the same issue.

Please share the solution you tried for this.

Thanks and Regards

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

/people/chris.whealy/blog/2006/01/13/when-creating-a-java-web-dynpro-application-dont-use-the-project-type-quotweb-dynpro-projectquot

Please go through this link hope it will be helpful for you

Regards

Ruturaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ruturaj, but those threads don't address the problem at hand, which is to locate the sources for this application and then import it into NWDS as a Web Dynpro Development Component.