Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

UWL Web Dynpro application source code

How would I go about to get hold of the Java source for tckmcbc.uwl.ui~wd_ui in a form that would make it possible to import into NWDS for further development?

I've tried importing the source from src.zip under \JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\tckmcbc.uwl.ui~wd_ui into a fresh Web Dynpro project. After a while I got the build path right. But when building the project, I get around 500 error messages of this kind:

The type <X> is already defined

Now, what has happened, is that while the .java files under src/packages/... define all these classes, somehow the Web Dynpro plugin in NWDS generates fresh java files with exactly the same classes and places these under gen_wdp/packages/...

So when building the project, both set of java files are added to the mix and we end up with 500 duplicate classes.

What's going on here?

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Martin,

Some addition and correction in my Earlier reply:

under the src\com\sap\netweaver\bc\uwl\ui folder remove java classes and WDP folder only from the folder which contain WDP folder ,For the folders which don't have WDP folder but have only java files that means that these are the utility classes.

Because when you reimport this under src/packages folder of DC after rebuilding WD will create the corresponding java classes in gen_wdp folder automatically.

Also please copy the ProjectProperties.wdproperties files under the src/packages folder of your wd dc so that all the WD references will be reflected in your new WD dc,

And dont copy the jar file in your DCs lib folder which i mentioned in the earlier reply because it contains the compile java classes of the WD project itself and it does not make any sense.

After rebuilding the dc you have to add few jar files in WD dc either by Used Dc or by including in the Build path some of these jar files are:

bc.uwl.service.api_api

tcepbcpcmadminapijava

com.sap.util.monitor.jarm

etc.

Regards,

Siddharth

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question