Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging not possible in SM66 t-code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I created infinite loop in the program.

I executed the program in 2 ways:

1. Direct execute the program (SE38).

I can see the process in SM66.

I choose that record and click the debugging button, ABAP Debugger is come out and i can debug my code.

2. I call that program in background or from other system using RFC.

I Can see the process in SM66.

I choose that record and click the debugging button, it said ABAP debugger started.. but nothing come out and i can't debug my program.

Pls suggest why the 2nd way can't debug.

Best Regards,

Victor.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using new debuger than it would open in earlier session itself rahter than open in new session.just confirm with earlier open session of debugger. or try once after all closing the all session.

0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

I'm using old debugger.

But is it possible to debug the program if the program is executed from other systems?

Best Regards,

Victor.

0 Kudos

okay.

But is it possible to debug the program if the program is executed from other systems?

i'm not sure about this.but we may debug by just putting endless loop(i tried this only when prg ran by my system only)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't see the button you probably don't have the right to debbug in the system.
Go to SM50 and try to debbug via this transaction. Go to  Program/Session -> Program -> Debugging.
If indeed you don't have the rights then you will receive a clear message, explanning you all this.