cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view PDF files in Infoview

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unable to view pdf files in InfoView (Business Objects Edge Series XI 3.0)

When I select the pdf file from Infoview, I receive the message 'Do you want to save this file' which only allows me to save the document to a location on my computer.

Other users can view the file in Infoview, so it probably relates to a setting on my computer.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, this option is already selected in the web browser options.

Any other ideas?

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I've had a little look on Adobe's knowledge base; try this to check whether the issue is related with opening PDF in your browser in general:

"Determine if the web browser can open the PDF file from your local hard drive rather than from the web:

In the web browser, choose File > Open (or Open File).

Choose All Files from the Files Of Type pop-up menu (Windows)

Click Browse

Select the PDF file you saved in step 1 of task 5, and then click Open to open the PDF file. If Acrobat or Adobe Reader displays the file, but won't display it on the web, the web server has a problem serving the PDF file. Contact the webmaster of the site from which you downloaded the PDF file."

If so, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned here:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=328233&sliceId=2

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great thank you.

I am still unable to view the PDF directly in Infoview but now a new browser opens with the pdf file....which is good enough for me!

Thanks

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Try opening Adobe Reader, go to "Edit > Preferences > Internet" and tick the "Display PDF in browser" box.

Does it work now?

Cheers,

Fritz