Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer fields do not display in cProj 4.5

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to customize customer fields with the 'Define Field Groups for Customer Fields' IMG activity

I am using following steps to do this:

1. Enhance database tables for customer fields

2. Create field groups for customer fields

3. Assign customer fields for fields groups

4. Define fields groups per project type

5. Save and open cProjects

But when I start the application only the main tab and sub tabs can be seen. Other customer fields are not seen.

Does someone has an idea what is going wrong with it and where I can start searching the problem?

Thx, Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

silvia_kreuzhuber
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vanessa,

there is one more step that needs to be done in the customizing:

You have to set up a field control for your customer fields (IMG activity 'Set Up Field Control'). Here you define the conditions when these fields are displayed, hidden etc...

If you have no field control, these fields will be always hidden.

Please do not change the standard field control 0SAP but rather copy it to your own and adapt it according to your needs. Please refer also to the available IMG documentation.

Afterwards, this field control needs to be assigned to your project type (IMG 'Define Project Types').

Regards,

Silvia

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Silvia,

wow. Not it works. Thank you for this informations. In the configuration guide they are writing

...2. To display the new fields on the interface, choose one of the following options:

- Display the new fields with Define Field Groups for Customer Fields on one of your own tab pages.

- Change the field properties if necessary under Set Up Field Control.

- Perform the Show Additional Tab Page in cProjects activity.

So I was reading this "choose ONE" in a wrong way.

Thank you, Vanessa

Answers (0)