Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User-defined page breaks in ALV table using CL_SALV_TABLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we've changed a report from the old function module REUSE_ALV_TABLE to the new CL_SALV_TABLE-class.

Unfortunately, we've lost a functionality: In the old report, the users could define a page break in the report. We just had to set the group_change_edit-field in the layout structure.

I don't find the corresponding functionality in the CL_SALV_TABLE-class. We call the set_all-method on the cl_salv_functions_list-attribute of the table, but this doesn't help.

Is there any chance to get this old functionality with the new class?

Many thanks and kind regards,

Jens Brehmen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jens,

I did not checked, whether it works.

Try to use the SORT-Object of the SALV_TABLE. Within the SORT-Object you have the method ADD_SORT with parameter GROUP:

Set this parameter to

No grouping IF_SALV_C_SORT=>GROUP_NONE

Page change IF_SALV_C_SORT=>GROUP_NEWPAGE

Underline IF_SALV_C_SORT=>GROUP_UNDERLINE

Good luck

Uwe

2 REPLIES 2

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jens,

I did not checked, whether it works.

Try to use the SORT-Object of the SALV_TABLE. Within the SORT-Object you have the method ADD_SORT with parameter GROUP:

Set this parameter to

No grouping IF_SALV_C_SORT=>GROUP_NONE

Page change IF_SALV_C_SORT=>GROUP_NEWPAGE

Underline IF_SALV_C_SORT=>GROUP_UNDERLINE

Good luck

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

thank you, it is working.

The result is slightly different to what we had before:

With the old FM, I've just set the group_edit_change-attribute and afterwards the user could define his own page breaks.

Now I have to add a page break first, and then the user can define his own. But the result is OK.

Regards,

Jens