cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with bar code printing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to print bar code using scripts but printer is printing the Bar code. i could see the barcode on the print privew and even i can see it on the spool converted to PDF. but the printer is not printing them. can some one tell me whats wrong ? and what should be done in order to print them bar codes... ?

thanks,

Chindam.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chindham, that's not fair closing threads without feedback. It's interesting to read the solved threads so that we can gain more knowledge, help ourselves, and then help others. For you next threads, try to close them quickly so that you can give a feedback.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've never tried this, but it may be possible to edit the print control values for the device type to resize the barcode.

For example SWIN has a Print Control SBP01 with values bC=128B,B=48,H=12,D=. I haven't a clue what would happen if you changed the B & H values but you could give it a try. You'll need to look up which print control your barcodes use. And not down the original values in case this doesn't work. B)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks you very much for your help in this issue.

the values (bC=128B,B=48,H=12,D=) are for other printers but we have different print controls values like BARC 128,N, in SPB25 for printer KYCEOR and dont know where and what values we need to pass in order to reduce the size of the barcode.

Thanks,

Chindam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you buy a Font dimm for the printer or are you using a software font for barcodes?

Can you print barcodes with any other SAPScript on that printer? If no, it may be the device type is set up wrong.

In your SAPScript you've created a character format to print the bar code, what bar code are you using? (BC_CD39, BC_I25, CD_128A, etc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using C128A_00. is this works or do we need to use any other ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boss,

Bar codes are specific with printers only. so, use Bar code printers like HP or Laser jet.

Best Regards,

Narasimha Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

this problem ll not occur from abap , contact to basis person

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'll need to work with your BASIS team to check this out.

Look at the device type for the printer you are using (Trans: SPAD).

Check whether C128A_00 is a valid bar code for that device type in SAPScript Font Maintenance (Trans: SE73, Printer Bar Codes). I doubt C128A_00 is a valid bar code font for the device, either switch to a valid one (BC_C128B is likely valid) or install the font.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your suggession. We are able to print the barcode with the barcode type C128A_00. But the problem is with the size of the barcode - We are asked to reduce the size of the barcode from existing 4 cm to 3 cm. When we reduce the size using copy of C128A_00, the printer is not printing the newly created barcode.

Please advice in getting the barcode printed in the reduced size.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Chindam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

We have a printronix printer model Printronix T5304 with the device type added LB_PRI. The requirement is Barcode printing and i have added the 2 Barcodes ZUCC_LA

ZUCC_SP to this device type but still the Barcodes are not printing. Can you suggesst me is there any other device type that i can use to test. I would request you to check the belwo output status also.

Output status: The status of the output request is showing complete and the spool list showing the barcodes but when physically printing barcodes are not printing only numbers are printing.

Regards

Dellibabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you added the new bar codes to the device type did you change the character format to match in the sapscript as well?

Does the LB_PRI device type show an entry in the print controls for ZUCC_LA & ZUCC_SP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we did changed the character format to the newly created barcode but still its not printing. are there any other settings need to be done ?

Thanks,

Chindam

Edited by: Chindam Praveen on Oct 21, 2008 3:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now we are able to print the newly created bar code but how can we reduce the size lenght of the barcode printed.

Thanks,

Chindam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the printer in question support bar code fonts? This usually requires a special font dimm or dll. Check with your BASIS team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes the printer supports Bar code printing. its kyocera ecefos fs-39100dn.

but still we are not able to print.

thanks

chindam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dont convert the output of script to PDF. the barcodes in that pdf wont be recongnised by laser guns / barcode readers.You have to opt smartforms or adobe forms if you need PDF.

pavan meda

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

jus check with the printer settings it wud help

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Surly Now nothing to be done by ABAP.just escalate this to Basis person.