Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticketadmin and Custom Security Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

A friendly hello to all readers!

I'm facing the following problem:

We want our customer to enter his tickets into the WebCRM. For this task I've created two new Security Roles ('GP User' and 'GP Key User'). The 'GP User' Role is working fine. Members of this Role just can enter tickets and watch the status.

Members of the Role 'GP Key User' are also part of the Role 'Licensed User'. This users are only allowed to work on the tickets and the knowledge-base in the administration panel.

The problem now is, that this special Users can't change the status of an ticket and are not allowed to assign the ticket to another person. (But in batch operation they can!).

What can I do to enable the full functionality on admin/support/ticketadmin.aspx?

Hints:

- The user of role 'Key User' are not assigned to the internal account.

- Version: 2007.0.631.11

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

It can be difficult creating custom security roles. A couple of things that might help. I would associate all internal users with the internal account for certain security reasons. I also would take an existing role that has the privileges you want for the user (in this case ability to change ticket status and assign tickets to another user) Maybe utilize the Support Administrator role and then restrict the things you don't want them to have access to instead of building a role from the ground up.

Good luck!

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James,

how can I restrict existing roles? Do I have to implement an special Admin-Theme? Or can I add a Custom Role in additon to a existing role with less rights?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you go to Admin > Definitions > Security Roles you can select a role to see what that role has access too. This role is in addition to the licensed user role and determines what will show up on the admin menu and what pages they can access directly.

You could either screenshot the Support Admin's list of permissions or run it directly on the sql db.

Even if a menu item is not listed, it would still be possible for the user to type in the direct url of a specific page for any pages they have access to. For example the permission for Web Page admin/support will allow that role to access any page in the support directory. To restrict, you might just give access to admin/support/tickets.aspx or other aspx pages directly.

Before praxis was acquired by SAP we used to have a custom theme strictly for support that had links to 4 ticket related functions only. Might reduce some confusion.

James

Answers (0)