cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Retirement Posting in case of Parallel Ledgers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing SAP in a company in India (Pvt. Ltd.), wherein they have two ledgers, the leading ledger for US GAAP reporting and the non leading ledger for IN GAAP reporting.

Three depreciation areas, 01(US GAAP), 20(IN GAAP), 15(Tax depreciation) are created and assigned to ledger group 0L(Leading Ledger) and N0{N1(IN GAAP)+N2(TaxationApr-March reporting)}ledger.

Now, when i run depreciation AFAB, system posts correctly different figures in both the ledger, but the problem is that when I post retirement, system posts the same value in both the ledgers wheras the amount of profit/loss on asset is different in both the ledgers.

Can anyone point out as to what cud hv happened?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you post a retirement the postings are based on the values in the depreciation area's and post the reconsilation accounts to 0 and the rest tp P&L

The FI posting in the other ledger you are doing with ASKB - APC Values Posting

The depreciation run's should be posted (not test) before you are doing the retirement

When you do a retirement use a asset valu date in the future not in the past

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

thanks for your answer. But my issue is not with acquisition postings as I have the same posting for acquisitions in both the ledger but in case of retirement, my Profit and Loss on sale of asset should be different in both the ledgers(as the depreciation keys are different in both the ledgers/dep areas) which is not happening.

I tried ASKB, but i guess that is for acquisition posting.

Please let me know how retirement posting can be handled as in depreciation area setting retirement related posting is not mentioned.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Kavita

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ab_ab
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kavita

Did you check the period control for the dep keys in leading area  and the parallel area? Are you using the same Fiscal year for US v/s India (I guess, not). India must be April-March, and US would be Jan-Dec. If that is the case, you may not get any standard solution from SAP. Refer to Note 844029. If such is your case, then some dep keys, like Sum of Years, half year, mid quarter etc, you would have wrong depreciation.

Thanks

Asheesh Bhatia

0 Kudos

Hi SAPFICO,

I met just the same issue. Would you please share how you resolve it? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

can you  tell us  how  you solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to use parallel accounting in the NewGL you have to setup a so called "Ledger Scenario" in Asset Accounting.

There is a complete chapter about that (NewGL) topic in the SAP Help Portal at [Parallel Accounting in Asset Accounting |http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/91/09f5400e517e7fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm].

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I faced the same situation some time ago, the problem was solved executing transaction ASKB.

To make ASKB work it is necessary to define valuation areas properly: revise posting in G/L indicator in transaction OADB.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

what shud be the indicator in OADB??

Regards

Ajay