Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re:Assign Profit center as mandatory in va01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Good Afternoon to you,

I have a doubt in Order type for few order types i need to mention particular profit center(abc123) as mandatory so can anybody tell me where i need to assign the profit center in that particular order types.

The purpose of this is when i select the VA01 in the Ordering party screen when i select the material it automatically must come profit center(abc123) instead of giving manually profit center.

Awaiting for your golden replies& Points will be assign for the useful answers.

Thanks in advance,

KUMAR.B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Profit center will be maintained in Material Master in Plant data/stor. 2 View. If you maintain in Material master, during creation of sale order automatically Profit follows into the order type.

Award if useful to you

Edited by: narendran vajravelu on Oct 14, 2008 11:03 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar

Make the said field in material master as mandatory. To set this, go to OMS9, input 8 in "Field sel.group" and enter. Double click on Profit Center and choose the option "Reqd Entry" and save.

Now without maintaining Profit Center, you cannot save the material master.

So while creating sale order for that material, the profit center will flow automatically and no need to maintain the same.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru,

Good Morning,

In OMS9 which field sel.group (eg:name-0001,0002.....) i need to go and maintain as "Reqd Entry" and save.

my issue is if i didnt give profit center in va01 the document should not be saved.

thanks in advance,

kumar.b

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kumar

If u want to make the profit center mandatory then u can do thr. Tcode SHD0 create the vrient ( Transaction VA01 )and assign the same agaisnt yr sales dco type in VOV8 in trasaction flow tab.

This way u can make the profit cntre field madatory for yr sales doc type.

U have to enter the profit centre in material Sales:General/Plant Data. So the same will get copied in sales order.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

As per your yesterday feedback i have assigned in Material Sales:General/Plant Data later when i go VA01 when i give the material i can see the profit center which i assigned in Material but my client is saying that i dont want in MM02 i want to assign the Profit center in Order type so can you explain me some more detaily above SHD0 and VOV8 where i can assign the profit center.

Because if i assign in Material also problem why because there are nearly 500 above materials i need to change. so if it is order type means i need to change very few only maximum 5.

Awaiting for your replies & points will be assign for useful answers.

Thanks in advance,

KUMAR.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kumar

Only one way is left that u use userexit of sales order and define the profit centre agsinst the sales doc. type ( there is no provision to copy the profit centre from sales doc type ) and change the same as per sales doc type. UserExit is MV45AFZZ - FORM USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION

Hope this will help you.

Thx.

Edited by: DWARKESH THAKKAR on Oct 15, 2008 6:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru,

Thanks for your reply as i check there is no such documentation is available from my side. So can you tellme how to change, because i have 500 materials to change is there any other process instead of going to change in sales:general/plant and plant data/stor.2 for each material.

one more doubt if i assign the profit center for all the 500 materials is it going to effect for all the company codes because the same materials is using by 5 company codes in my organization.

thanks in advance,

kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Profit center is assigned to company code and sales organization is also assigned to company code. Based on these two assignments, profit centre gets picked up in the sales document based on the sales area.

Just check these settings and see if it solves your problem.

Regards,

Peeyoosh.