cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the Payment Method determination to the Payer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an issue with the payment method in the sales order at header level because my system is taken automatically from the Sold- to party and sometimes the sold-to party donu2019t have maintained this in the master data. I would like to change this determination to the Payer due to it is always in the master data and we would avoid issues with some sales orders without payment method.

Thank you and best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is if it is possible for SAP standard to find a way in the customizing in order to have the Payment Method automatically maintained from the master data either sold to party or payer.

I it is possible I would like to know how can I do this customizing?

Thank you and best regards.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can do this.

In SAP standard, while creating Sales Orders Payment tems is copied from Customer Master records & can be changed in Sales Order.

What you want is Payment Terms come from Customer Master & cannot be changed in Sales Order...

To do the above follow this:

1. You will have to make Payment Terms as Compulsary entry in Account Group of Customer Master. (T-Code - OBD2 - Select account group - Select Sales Area Data - Select Billing - Make Terms of Payment - Required Entry).

2. Use T-Code SHDO & define a Screen Variant for your Sales Document type & grey-out the Terms of payment feild in Sales Order. You will have to assign this Screen variant to all Sales Document types.

If you follow the above steps, it would ensure that no Customer is created without Terms of Payment & while creating Sales Orders, Terms of Payment copied from Customer Master cannot be changed.

Hope this helps...

Give points if Useful...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alberto

What I would suggest is that you can set the field Payment Term as mandatory in Customer Master so that the same will flow to your sale order.

To achieve this, go to OBD2, select the account group, double click on "Sales data" and again double click on "Billing". There you can see the field Payment Term against which choose the option "Reqd.Entry".

Now your customer master, without maintaining payment term, cannot be saved.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi