cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebServices getting lost while restarting CE SP5 Server

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using NetWeaver CE SP5 patch 0

Every time after restarting the server webservices are getting lost. We have to deploy the CAF project again after restarting the server.

Can any one help me to solve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudipta,

I think you mean the web services you deployed are not visible on web service navigator after you restart the CE system. The reason for this is after restarting of the system, the applications containing the services are stopped by the system.

For example if your web services are CAF services you deployed the CAF development component on the CE system. In this case the status of the deployed development components on the CE system are "started". After restarting the CE system, the development components status changes to "stopped" (I don't know why this happens). So your web services still exists on the CE system, but the status is inactive.

For getting the web services visible on the web service navigator, you don't need to deploy the web services again. Its enough if you start the corresponding development components on the CE system.

For this, on the Netweaver Administrator, navigate to Configuration Management --> Infrastructure --> Application Modules. Choose "Start & Stop Java EE Applications".Search for the applications of your web services and start the applications if the status is "stopped". Incase of CAF Services you have to start all the applications dc's (permissions, dictionary, ear, metadata).

After doing this operation you will be able to see your deployed web services on the web service navigtor.

Regards,

Yasar