cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-distribution of Crystal 11.5 .Net dlls

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Crystal Reports version 11.0.0.895 to develop reports and the Crystal Reports .Net dlls in the Microsoft .Net 2.0 framework to generate reports through code. Unfortunately we have found that we have had to upgrade the Crystal Reports .Net dlls to version 11.5 so that we can get a list of values displayed for dynamic parameters when generating reports through code.

As such, are we allowed to re-distribute the Crystal Reports 11.5 .Net dlls along with our software to our customers ?

Regards,

Aijaz.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can distribute the runtime dll's to your customer in order to run crystal reports on thier machine.

With web applications the CR .NET SDK is freely distributable .We can install the CR .NET SDK on as many web servers as it is without additional licensing costs. Our licensing doesnu2019t consider where the .rpt files are stored.

If you are selling this web application that uses the CR .NET SDK then your clients would be required to purchase a copy of Crystal Reports Developer edition.

With Windows applications CR .NET SDK is freely distributable in .NET Windows applications u2013 even when the application is sold to a third party.

Note Our licenses are only freely distributable if you are trying to deploy your application to a server.

For more info regarding license :

[http://www.businessobjects.com/product/catalog/crystalreports/licensing.asp Or https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/licensekey];

Hope that helps!!

Regards.

Amit

Edited by: Amit Singh on Oct 14, 2008 1:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit,

Just to outline more clearly.

My company's recognised Crystal Reports development version is 11 but I needed the Crystal Reports 11.5 .Net dlls so that I could see a list of values in the parameter prompt dialog box for dynamic parameters. Therefore I created an msi file using the Crystal Reports 11.5 .Net merge modules. Once I ran this msi file I had access to the Crystal Reports 11.5 .Net dlls.

Using Visual Studio C# I have created a .Net dll which utilises the Crystal Reports 11.5 .Net dlls to generate and view, export or print reports. My .Net dll can be called by our core application using COM.

Can I redistribute this msi file to my customers freely? No disrepect Amit but I'd appreciate it if perhaps a SAP employee can respond?

Regards,

Aijaz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With Windows applications CR .NET SDK is freely distributable in .NET Windows applications u2013 even when the application is sold to a third party.

The information provided by me is correct upto my best knowledge and I am also working for SAP.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case Amit, thank you very much. Normally, I see a SAP icon next to the contributor's name to denote a SAP employee but I can't see one next to yours.

Regards,

Aijaz.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The icon only specifies that the user is a moderator. E.g.; has admin privileges.

Ludek

Answers (0)