Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto creation of customer/vendor for BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello members,

Request your kind advice/help on the following problem:

This is about creation of customer / vendor account directly from BP.

My requirement in this case is that I should be able to create customer or vendor accounts for ONLY those BP which I want to. In other words, I do NOT want to have a coresponding cust/vend account for all business partners.

Under the present settings a customer/vendor account inevitably gets created each time a business partner is created. I do not want it to happen this way.

Can someone please guide me as to how I may stop the auto creation of customer/vendor account and make it so that I have the option of creating cust/vendor account for selective business partners.

Regards,

Suvarghya Dutta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CVI integration is bidirectional as of ERP2005.

FLBPD1 etc. are working but you don't need them anymore because for relevant BP or customer/vendors CVI creates automatically the corresponding master data.

If you need further information I would like to suggest you some SAP notes that contain useful information aobut customer-vendor integration of ERP2005.

956054 BP_CVI Customer-vendor integration as of ERP2005 (ECC600)

This notes describes the changes (new development) of CVI AND the necessary customizing settings.

In short, CVI is now bidirectional.

1. BP -> Customer/Vendor: it depends on the roletype configuration, if a customer/vender is created.

2. Customer/Vendor -> BP: it depends on the account group if a BP is created.

Data is changed then synchronoously.

Further notes that might be of interest.

851445 BP_CVI: Details about reports to be executed for ERP 2005

727205 Conversion of industry Customizing in BUPXPRA12

1077616 Business Partner Upgrade FAQ

If you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Franz, many thanks for your kind help. I shall check these Notes and revert.

Regards.

Suvarghya Dutta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks a lot for providing me with the SAP notes numbers. Reading them will definitely help me resolve the issue.

Thanks a lot to you.

Suvarghya Dutta

Former Member
0 Kudos

so let me verify, if I understood you correctly.

you wnat to create partners, however you want to decide on-the-fly wether a vendor or customer for this partner is needed. Correct?

I see problems there, as you cannot generally disable synchronization due to some partner role needing a corresponding vendor / customer.

Do you have any kind of criteria wether a vendor ought to be created? Is it certain roles? ..

Please also give us a hint on what release you are working on, as synchronization changed to ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your kind response.

My primary objective here was to see if the TCode FLBPD1 and FLBPD2 are working properly or not.

You got my requirement very right though i feel i myself may have miscommunicated.

Since I am new to this module can you please tell me if my assumption below is right or not:

*Assumption:

All Business Partners must be either a customer or a vendor, BUT all customer/vendors need not be BP.*

If my assumption above is correct then i think i may have misquoted the problem here.

I am working on ECC 6 and the project for which i am working is an upgrade from 4.7 to ECC 6. In this transition this problem has come. Apparently this issue was not there in the 4.7 and this is a fact that i have also tested and found out.

however, in ECC 6 i find that thee is a synchronization table that had to be maintained undr the IMG node of Cross Application Components. After that has been maintained, a vendor/customer gets automatically created whenever i create a business partner. Apparently this is not what the user wants. The user wants to create a customer first and also create a business partner separately and THEN link the two to each other. This is how the user was working in the 4.7 version.

Can you kindly throw some more light on this matter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you ever try to create business partner from t-code BP ?

Is the vendor account field in tab "company code" lock by <internal> or <eksternal> ?

sivaprasad_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your Assumption:

All Business Partners must be either a customer or a vendor, BUT all customer/vendors need not be BP.*

Your above assumption is clearly wrong. The actual picture is like this.

1. A business partner ( BP) can be either a vendor, customer, employer, govt .... etc depending upon the role. So one BP can have multiple roles. i.e same BP can be customer and Vendor too.

2. All customers/ Vendors must be defined as BP , if you are planning to work with RE-FX to generate FI postings from RE-Contracts.

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you verified, if partner grouping and vendor / customer account groups would solve your problem?

Or do you want to sometimes create a vendor in a certain account group and at another time not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes I have already checked the account group settings and they sem to be correctly maintained.

Regards.