updating database table from co11n transaction ?
I got a requirement to add two new addional fields and want to save it in the standard table for reporting purpose. I follwed the steps like :
1. I created new fields in the table AFRU using appending struture. and activated it using se14.
2. I created a project and entered the enhancment (CONFPP07) and i created the screen-exit. then i declared thse two fields in the include : ZXCOFTOP. once i activated the screen exit it appeared in the CO11N TCODE but when i enter some values in this fields , its getting stored in the variable but i dont know how to store this value in the table AFRU .
3. for updating i used the exit CONFPP05 and my would be like AFRUD_TAB-ZZSHIF = CAPTAIN.
but the problem is its not getting updated in the database table AFRU.
should i have to use module ...endmodule in ( SAPLCORU_S - 900 screen , exit : CONFPP07 ) and write code... , like the we follow
for ztransaction or how should i solve this issue ?
Sandra Rossi replied
So, according to your code, it means that :
1) your screen field is WA_AFRUD-ZZSHIF
2) WA_AFRUD is declared as global (in ZXCOFTOP)
Is that true?
In PAI: EXIT_SAPLCORU_S_101, you should only do:
move wa_afrud-zzshif to es_afrud-zzshif.
In Exit : EXIT_SAPLCORF_105, you have to replace 'A'
LOOP AT AFRUD_TAB. AFRUD_TAB-ZZSHIF = *wa_afrud-zzshif.* "'A' MODIFY AFRUD_TAB. ENDLOOP.
Note that LOOP AT is problable not the good coding (I think that this exit has to remain empty), it was just a test to check it works
Did you think to activate your project in CMOD? (you have to activate both project, and the exits)
Are you sure your exit is called. Did you debug it?
See also Note 12831 (program SAPRSMODCHECK) to check there is no problem between project/exits
Edited by: Sandra Rossi on Oct 17, 2008 6:59 PM