Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPMV45A screen 8459

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are Z-fields (appended in VBAP) already added on this screen, which can be seen through Tcode va01, va02, va03. on tab additional data B. (these fields are added in past development)

Now problem occurred when i added 3 more fields Z-fields (appended in VBAP) . these fields are not shwoing on Tcode va01, va02, va03.

I changed screen-active = 1 and screen-output =1 for these fields. but they are still not shwoing on screen.

is this a customization issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Now problem occurred when i added 3 more fields Z-fields

>(appended in VBAP) . these fields are not shwoing on Tcode >va01, va02, va03.

apart from adding to VBAP, did you make the changes to screen 8459. check it once.

9 REPLIES 9

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Now problem occurred when i added 3 more fields Z-fields

>(appended in VBAP) . these fields are not shwoing on Tcode >va01, va02, va03.

apart from adding to VBAP, did you make the changes to screen 8459. check it once.

0 Kudos

I did not not make changes on old screen. i just added new fields.

these newly added zfields in the bottom of screen are not appearing on Tcodes.

but if i add sone field in the old area it appears on tcodes.

0 Kudos

>I did not not make changes on old screen. i just added new >fields.

>these newly added zfields in the bottom of screen are not >appearing on Tcodes.

your words are confusing. if you don't add the newly added zfields to the screen 8459 , those fields won't appear in the screen. Did you make any changes to the screen 8459 apart from adding it to VBAP table using appendstructure.

0 Kudos

yes i have made changes on screen

0 Kudos

I think you are exceeding the screen limit. apart from newly added fields how many fields aleready there..? just check it once. try to compress the old fields. are you using the box ..? increase the box height.

0 Kudos

yes i have tried this .

I have increased the length of last box . and added 3 fields. Now on t-code screen empty extended box is coming . 3 fields are not appearing.

Previous field are upto 14-15 lines.

0 Kudos

i got the same issue before, but i managed to show them on the screen . just check it, try all the possibilities try include them in the previous box itself.

0 Kudos

Okay SS,

No worry i faced the same problem earlier too:

This problem occurs because the 8309(header data) and 8459(Item data) subscreens are embedded in subscreen containers. If you then enlarge the 8309 and 8459 subscreens without adjusting these subscreen containers, they may be overwritten and as a result, some fields are no longer displayed.

So you need to modify the subscreen containers and screen atributes:

Just refer OSS#302497 Whole procedure are cleary mention in.

Caution:third method only implement if you are in above 4.6 realease else "containers allocated location" dump!!

0 Kudos

thanks a lot amit . ankush

Edited by: subhanshu singh on Oct 14, 2008 3:17 PM