cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message no. 175 when doing REM backflush MFBF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PP Gurus,

I'm facing error while doing MFBF for FG. Message no is RM175 and the detailed description for this message is

Diagnosis

This error appears under the following circumstances:

The existing standard cost estimate cannot be used for backflushing activities as the repetitive manufacturing profile was not maintained correctly when the standard cost estimate was carried out.

The standard cost estimate must come from product costing. Other cost estimates (such as base object controlling) are not possible.

Procedure

The repetitive manufacturing profile assigned to the material at the time of the planned cost estimate must be a profile for repetitive manufacturing with product cost collector.

Use product costing to create the standard cost estimate.

Before taking standard cost estimate all the settings are maintained properly. The subjected material is handled through Split valuation and before doing standard cost estimate some SD transaction have been already done on the same material.

If anybody faced the same problem, please help me out to get out of it.

Thanks & Regards,

Abu Arbab

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor

Dear,

You need to switch on the indicator for repetitive manufacturing in the MRP 4 view before standard cost is estimated. If you want to use standard cost estimate for backflushing of production activity in repetitive manufacturing, then the switch must be set before the standard cost is estimated. If this is not done, then the error message RM175 "Existing standard cost estimate cannot be used" is displayed during backflushing.

Please check that the cost run/ std. cost extimate exists in BOM is valid for the current period.

Please refer this link also,

http://service.sap.com/co-period (Periodic Controlling)

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R. Brahmankar,

Please give me the right link as it is not working.

Thyanks & Regards,

Abu Arbab

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

That link is working. And I have given you the solution for your issue. You need to follow the prerequisite to avoid such issue. Please closed the thread.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R. Brahmankar,

I'm getting an error in opening that link given by you.

I already shared that FG is split valuation material. Now I created new material (FG) with same specification. And following all the steps by taking your comments into consideration but still getting the same problem.

Hope you get more clarity about the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Abu Arbab

Edited by: abu arbaba on Oct 14, 2008 11:07 AM

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I'm not sure Please check the note 552486 that contains information.

Please refer to NOTE 552486 (FAQ)

In the case of split valuation only header and not the valuation

type is costed. If one material has split valuation, standard price will be released.

Did you the standard cost estimate?

Please check this errror?

Before taking standard cost estimate all the settings are maintained properly. The subjected material is handled through Split valuation and before doing standard cost estimate some SD transaction have been already done on the same material. please check all these?

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R. Brahmankar,

Thanks for timely and immediate help.

Before posting thread, I checked SAP note 816257 for the same error.

Actually the problem was from CO settings. In OKK5 the selection ID for Routing is maintained was not having proper task list assignment since we're using Rate Routing here.

Thanks & Regards,

Abu Arbab

0 Kudos

I faced the same error - Message no. 175 when doing REM backflush MFBF and found that the assigned routing group to the Production version was deleted by someone. I assigned the new routing group and done the costing again. issue resolved.

Answers (0)