cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport agent userid/pwd not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed MAS with the local user database in one machine, MAR is perfectly configured in this machine. Created new users in the MAR

Now I have installed MAS on another machine without the local user database and Im trying to connect to the MAR of the earlier machine using newly created user to install the transport agent.

But I get an error message "UserID not valid"

Please suggest

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Please check the following

1.Please check in ODBC settings whether you have pointed to the correct database. If it is properly configured, test the connection from ODBC.

2. Check if ARSCentralService is running in MAR machine.

If the above checks are met, Now open TransportInstaller.exe from second MDW machine and try logging in.

Regards

Shankar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfhard,

Thanks for the reply. Please suggest if a set up of 1-MAS machine with Local ARS_DB and the 2- Mas Machine without local ARS_DB and with the 2-MAS machine ODBC pointing to Machine 1 installation works?

I have installed the transport service on Machine1, To transfer the changes done in the Machine 2 do I need to install the transport service even in Machine 2.

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find the answers below for your queries.

Question 1: Please suggest if a set up of 1-MAS machine with Local ARS_DB and the 2- Mas Machine without local ARS_DB and with the 2-MAS machine ODBC pointing to Machine 1 installation works?

Answer : It is well possible. You can have one centralized ARS repository which can be connected from Multiple MAS machines.

Question 2: I have installed the transport service on Machine1, To transfer the changes done in the Machine 2 do I need to install the transport service even in Machine 2.

Answaer : One ARS repositroy can have only one transport service installed. You should not install the Transport service in machine 2. It is always recomnended to have Transport Service installed in ARS machine.

Transport Service is used to transport the changes done in one ARS repository to another ARS repository.

Best Regards

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The port is also used by some other application apart from the "Lock Server". There is a note which is 925881 which deals with this(when the port is busy) how to create a new one and mayb assign the Central Service to that port. You can check that and see whether it is useful to you.

Thanks,

Abishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Im getting "Lock server cannot be initialized' errror when i tried to login to Transport .exe. I have checked the ARS central server0.log and found that port 1002 is occupied.

I tried to add a new port as in note 498154 but Im facing the following error in the DOS "shorttermlockserver.exe is not available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess that the transport service can only be installed on the MRS, not on additional MAS machines. Actually this wouldn't make sense at all.

The only difference between MRS with configured MAS environment and a MAS installation without local ARS_DB is that the ODBC source is pointing to different locations (local repectively to MRS server).

Regards,

Wolfhard