Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV display issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am using ALV display :

CALL FUNCTION 'REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY'

EXPORTING

i_grid_title = 'Inventory BOM Report'

is_layout = wa_flayout

it_fieldcat = i_fcat[]

i_default = 'X'

i_save = 'A'

is_variant = o_disvariant

TABLES

t_outtab = i_bom_final

EXCEPTIONS

program_error = 1

OTHERS = 2.

IF sy-subrc <> 0.

• MESSAGE ID SY-MSGID TYPE SY-MSGTY NUMBER SY-MSGNO

• WITH SY-MSGV1 SY-MSGV2 SY-MSGV3 SY-MSGV4.

ENDIF.

ENDFORM. "DISPLAY

we have used layout specification i.e. o_disvariant,,

if i don enter anything in this field how is it going to work??

will it take abything by default?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if there is a Default Variant then it will automatically consider the Default variant for display, if you don't specify one. Check you have any Default variant . If there is no Default variant and you are using the variant addition, then it will display the output the way you populated the fieldcatalog.

8 REPLIES 8

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if there is a Default Variant then it will automatically consider the Default variant for display, if you don't specify one. Check you have any Default variant . If there is no Default variant and you are using the variant addition, then it will display the output the way you populated the fieldcatalog.

0 Kudos

i am not finding any default variant but in the code,,

i debugged the code,

0 Kudos

hi,

atfer you execute the report ,in application toolbar you have a button change layout(cntrl + f8) there you can check whether there is ant default variant defined and is used.

0 Kudos

you can find the Variants using the Select Layout option (Short cut is CTRL+F9 )

0 Kudos

thanks,

can you tell me how to add a new layout?

0 Kudos

First Change the Layout (Ctrl+F8), include or exclude columns which you want to display or supress . then press the save layout Button (f5). now it triggers a popup, there you need to mention the layout and name and continue. here you can specify the User specific or Default layout option also.

There are three options for you

CtrlF8, CtrlF9, Ctrl+F10 (for change, select, save) Try adding the variant using them

0 Kudos

hey i have a doubt in this user specific,

im getting the userspecific as greyed out

former_member598013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Poonam,

It will display all the fields of the ALV in the Output.

Thanks,

Chidanand