cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between CRM2006s and CRM2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me about the differences between CRM2006s and CRM2007 ?

I want to know particularly what are the additions done in CRM2007 as compared to CRM2006s.

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I will add few more in Techical section.

Technical :

1. There is a new makeover of BSP_WD_CMPWB , The methods are grouped more nicely and also there and some new methods added to give you more control.

2.Contextual Methods renamed as Context related Methods .

3.Output Preparation renamed as Request Processing .

4. Addition of Toolbar related Methods.

5. new nice icons everywhere

6. Web Service tool greatly enhanced.

7.BADIs for BP related view customizations. refer note 999092 for this. In 5.1 and 5.2 they had given service pack later for the same while its readily available in 2007.

Regards,

Suchita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply !!!!

@Stephen,

Can you please throw some light on :-

- New NOVA theme

@Suchita

- I want to know how does it make a difference from a developer point of view. Is the architecture more or less the same ?

- something more regarding the webservice tool

Also, I had heard of some Pie charts / graphs being used to display data. Anything in that respect ?

Regards,

Ashish

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The new "NOVA" theme is the layout theme you see in all the CRM 2007 screenshots or demo's. It is the dark blue theme that SAP will be using in all their new applications. Even the SAP GUI will get this theme as skin in November. I can't remember where the informaiton on this theme is located, but there were some blogs/documents posted in SDN about this theme.

Take care,

Stephen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

This has been hashed up before but here are the major differences:

Functional

- Trade Promotion Management Module

- Drag and Drop personalization

Technical

- Editable overview screens

- New NOVA theme

- collapsable left hand menu bar

- Personalization of SU3 user data

- ability to configure screens directly in UI instead of going to SAP GUI however this is still kinda flakey and I prefer to still use BSP_WD_CMPWB.

From a pure config/developer standpoint you won't notice a lot of difference and if you learned 2006s then the transition to 2007 is very seemless .

We ran both releases here, so If you got some more detailed questions let me know.

Take care,

Stephen

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

With CRM2007, is it possible to BOLD certain lables on the view or change font , font color etc ?

I studied BSP thtmlb_styles , but it seems that the font and other proerties are for entire style and hence wont be applicable to individual element like , for example, on quotation header, i want the Status to be appeared in BOLD or in different font color..then how can we achieve this ?? is it possible ??

Regards,

Suchita

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suchita,

Honestly I don't know as we did not make any theme changes due to lack of resources and bigger issues to resolve between the releases.

You might want to ask this question on a separate thread so you have better chance of getting more answers.

Take care,

Stephen