cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization - Display Only in CRM 2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in CRM 5.0, we define a job role that allows transaction display only under authorization object CRM_ORD_LP and CRM_ORD_OP.

as we upgrade the system to CRM 2007, we find that this no longer works.

we're still able to create transactions in the Web Client and in Win Client.

so far, we can't find any sap note to troubleshoot this issue.

any lead really appreciated

JD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JD,

The functionality of authorizations is changed in CRM 2007.

Since it is Web UI now in 2007, all the UI components are exposed as external services in the transactions SU22. In this transaction, give the key word like "for Opportunity BTOPP*", then you will navigate to the external services tab. Click on one external service, then you will find all the authorization objects that are assigned to it. Find the authorization object which you are looking for and give the proposals. the proposals can be CREATE, DISPLAY, DELETE etc.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

i found that the transaction SU22 we can set wether we can create, edit or display.

correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems the control of the object will apply to everyone using the service.

because we're trying to restrict the authorization create, edit and display depending on the job role assigned to the user ID in PFCG.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your 4.0 roles should still work in 2007 since the objects CRM_ORD_LP and CRM_ORD_OP are still being checked in 2007. The only difference between 4.0 and 2007 is that there are some additional Web UI related authorisation objects in 2007 (e.g. UIU_COMP). I don' think SU22/SU24 will help you. But maybe I am misunderstanding the issue...

Make sure that the user's org assignment in PPOMA_CRM is working.

Br,

Anders