cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AR incoming payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am having a requirement which relates to AR payment and AR credit limit check, as it will be described detail through an example below:

A customer is given a credit limit of $500. As of today his AR balance is $490, but he wants to place a sales order with amount of $60. He is asked to pay at least $50 to ensure not to be over the credit limit, via bank transfer.

However, the payment takes 3 days to reach our bank account, while he already paid and asked us to sell him as quick as we can. My question is that whether we have a process in SAP to input the amount paid but in transit, to overcome credit limit check issue, but it will not be updated in AR statement of the customer until we receive the amount in our bank account.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no process in SAP as such but you can maintain a GL account for Money in Transit & you can proceed with that.

Depends upon the requirement of the company.

Regards

Sonica

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a seperate spl g/ l indicator (call it as in transit payment )and post against this indicator.

In the properties of the spl g/l indicator tick on the check box

Rel. to credit limit.

This will clear customer's credit block.

Subsequently when the actual payment is realised the postings can be transferred from spl g/l account to regular account.

Customer statement can be printed excluding the in transit spl g/l indicator.

Regards

Jayesh Maru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If possible, please give me a guidline in detail. Thanks very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No such a standard process supported by SAP. We have to work with Bank service to shorten the delay in bank transfer process.