cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments

fereidoon_samii
Explorer
0 Kudos

I greatly appreciate feedback if anyone has an insight on question below.

In some R3 transactions there is a download button that when clicked it brings up file system explorer that allows a user to choose a file. When a file is chosen, it is saved on R3 as attachment. Next if the user clicks on upload button it shows the list of attachments and when choosing an attachment it launches that file. For example if the file selected is of type text, it launches notepad displaying the text file..

Does anyone know how to accomplish this task from WebDynPro?

I think there must be a BAPI written to download or upload a file to R3 and then some WebDynPro RFC modeling and code to get/send the binary file to R3 and launch it. In case of an upload but do not know how to do it quite yet specially the Bapi side.

Thanks and Regards,

Fereidoon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

fereidoon_samii
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for the hints. File upload/download I believe only saves a file within your WebDynPro application. In my case I need to save the file in R3 and retrive it from R3.

What Valery is saying (WebDynPro can not launch files) could be a problem. The only thing that comes to my mind is an RFC model that exceutes Bapi call to do the task. The draw back will be SapGui needs to be installed locally. I am surprised that WebDynPro does not address this problem better as I see it more common that it seems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FileDownload makes a binary stream to be available to us as a file. I assume we can write RFC's so read data from R/3 and give the output as binary stream.. This you can read from a WD application and link to FileDownload. The same way .. you have to go for the help of a ABAP program which will take a input as binary stream and write the file in R/3.

Will it suit your scenario ?

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know how to accomplish this task from WebDynPro?

Yes. This might not fit your specs exactly.. But will surely accomplish the task..

Check FileDownload and FileUpload UI Elements in this link.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5c/1b76bc3da0504e8b535cf3e154eaa7/frameset.htm">UI elements Library</a>

Regards

Bharathwaj

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo,

there is a special Web Dynpro Java tutorial dealing with Uploading and Downloading files.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d2201c20-0801-0010-49b3-94f...

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fereidoon,

In WD (browser client) download is possible, embedding for ceratin types (PDF, MS Office etc) possible as well. Launching external programs is not available

VS