cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction and Screen Variants.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I create Sales Orders with different document types. My requirement is, a document type (ZOEX) when accessed using VA02 only a limited number of fields (Ship to Party, Contract end date), Price ..) should be editable, the rest should be in display mode. How do i make use of transaction code SHD0. I would want to test this in my sandbox. Tried various forum messages but still not clear how to use SHD0. Please guide

Regards,

Udaynath.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out the wiki:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/snippets/transactionVariant-AStepbyStepGuidefor+Creation

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

instead of going for SHD0 screen or transaction variant it is better to go with user exit MV45AFZZ so that even you can control these fields based on document types

regards

sudhakar

ian_kehoe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Udaynath,

You could use USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION in MV45AFZZ to make fields not open for input in VA02.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ian Kehoe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SHD0. Enter the Transaction code you'd like to create a variant for.

Transaction Variant - -Choose the transaction variant (from search list).

Choose "With processing" button on main screen and make necessary settings to the fields/tabs as per your requirement.

Run a check by using the TCode once again, to make sure your changes have taken effect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shesagiri,

Thanks for your reply.

Using SHD0 , I created Transaction variant ZVA02 for Transaction code VA02 and in the first screen variant ZVA02S1, i made the field WBS element as invisible, continued with subsequent screen and made the fields Sold to Party, P.O number and P.O date as invisible and output only. After saving as local object when i use transaction code ZVA02 i dont find any changes coming up. Can you please guid me further.

Thanks and regards,

uday

Edited by: UDAYNATH KRISHNAN on Oct 16, 2008 12:35 PM

Hi Gurus,

Can someone help me with screenshots on transaction / screen variants. My requirement is the user should not be able to change any fields in the sales order when in change mode (VA02).

Regards,

Udaynath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check wether u activated the variant which u created in SHDO

That shud be done to get ur allowd result

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

After creating trasnsaction variant you have to assign that variant to your order type[tcode:vov8] and save .than check for appropriate result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Check the customer Country and and whether the customer is libale for tax or not .. Also the