Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linking process code to Function Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

While linking process code to Function Module in we42 at inbound system, I am able to see my custom function module but when I select that and press enter it is giving me the following error

APPLICATION OBJECT TYPE IS NOT PLANNED.

I am unable to assign, how to overcome this problem .

17 REPLIES 17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In order for you to assign the Function Module in WE42 to the Process Code, first the Function Module (Posting Program) needs to be registered in the Transaction BD51. So, go to the Transaction BD51 and make an entry for the Function Module which you want to assign.

You'll have to pass the Function Module Name, Input Method & Whether or not Dialog is allowed.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

0 Kudos

Check WE57, that your FM is assigned to your Message Type/IDoc Type / Extension, etc.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For this you have to Maintain the Table EDIFCT . go to SM30 transaction give the view VEDIEDIFCT . there maintain all the information. once it is done. now go to BD51 , WE42 etc.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick replies , yes, I have already done all the above steps, I am able to see my Function module in we42 when I select that and press enter I am getting above said error.

Thanks and Regards,

Varun.K

0 Kudos

ah ok.

check your Application object Type like LFA1 oder KNA1 in WE57. Maybe you used the wrong one.

0 Kudos

what is the Business object you are using..? is it standard one. can you mention that.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Object type is empty in bd57, actually my requirement is I have a custom table in now I have to send all the values in the custom table using ALE. Idocs are being created at the sending system with status 12, but at the receiving system since the Fm is not assigned I am getting error. When I try to update the FM to process code, I am getting error. I am not using any standard BO.

0 Kudos

can you list the steps what you are doing from the beginning..?

0 Kudos

At the Inbound side I have created a FM with the Inbound atributes of another Posting FM, and written a Code according to my requirement .

then I have followed below steps.

1.Create new Message type using WE81.

2.Link Message type and IDoc type we82.

3.Link message type Idoc type and Fm we57.

4.Create and link Process code to FM

5.Maintaining Inbounf Patner Profiles.

Thanks and Regards,

Varun

0 Kudos

what about BD51..?

0 Kudos

Yes, I also assained the characteristics of the FM in bd51 with input as 1.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in WE57 whether ur FM name proper or not

Rhea.

0 Kudos

Yes Rhea I have verified it, it is the same FM.

0 Kudos

Varun,

try the following.

Goto WE57, choose your FM and remove the Application Object.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry what do you mean when u say application object ?

0 Kudos

post your WE57 settings ,please.

Regards,

Gordon

0 Kudos

Could you please help me explain more how we can "post WE57 setting"? Just i have met the same problem and i see this subject is answered. Could you please help me?

Thank a lot in advance,

Vinh Vo