Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change the original system of a CR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

we have imported some workbench and customizing CRs into a system B mannually from system A,

there is no transport link between A and B.

But when we want to import those CRs into system C , which has transportation link with B, we can not found those CRs, i guess because those CRs is release on A ,not B.

Could you please help me how to import those CRs into system C, just like other 'normal' CRs?

do i need to modify the original system of the CRs? if so , could you pls tell me how to do that?

thanks and best regards.

Jun

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the system will ask you to change the original system, if you edit your report.

If you create a new transport with saving, you can include the transport the transport from other system inside your new one and normally you should not have any problems with transport then.

Regards

Nicole

0 Kudos

Hi Nicole,

there are many system objects inside our CR, DDIC, FM ...

so we can not change them one by one.

what we are trying to do is to port a custom solution from one system to another,there is no link between them , and in the target system, those CRs can be transport to other systems normally using STMS.

we are trying to include those crs into a new cr in the target system , but failed.

could you please provide more informaiton on how to solve this?

thanks and best regards.

jun

0 Kudos

Did you transport any CR before beetween this 2 systems??

0 Kudos

there is not transport link between A and B, we do transportation mannually, via uploading CR files.

there is transport link system B and C .

we have transported successfully from A to B, and now we want to do those CRS get transported from B to C via transport link.

br.

jun

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i read Uwe Schieferstein 's note,

1) SE03 -> Change Object Directory Entries of Objects in Request

se03 can modify the original system, but it can only handle objects one by one, is there a report for massive modification?

thanks and best regards.

Jun

0 Kudos

Hi Jun Zhang,

Please try the following steps for mass change of the original system

SE 03 -> change the object directory entries->'F8'->select the original system which you want to change and expand the nodes and change the original system by double clicking the entries.

Siju

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you have two options:

- via SE03, create new transports in B containing the same objects, release from B, import into C

- via STMS, add the original transports manually to the import queue for C, import into C

Changing the original system should not be necessary.

Thomas

0 Kudos

hi, Thomas,

we have tried

via SE03, create new transports in B containing the same objects, release from B, import into C

but failed.

system gave some error, which are related with original system and transport layer setting.

so i think we should change the original system first.

br.

zj