Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Idoc in XML format

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I want to send a XML file which is having only 6 fields(MAT_DOC, BUDAT, MATNR, MAKTX, ERFMG, ERFME from T-Code MIGO) to Siebel system. Please help me what configuration need to do in outbound system.

Please give solution.

Edited by: Mohanty on Oct 14, 2008 8:06 AM

5 REPLIES 5

shivhare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohanty

go to WE21 and create XML file port and also you can chose in directory whre u want to save this XML file and then define partner profile with the help of tcode WE20 and in partner profile ypu put your XML port

Thnaks

Amit Shivhare

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have created xml file port but client saying create transactional rfc port.please tell me how can send xml file via transactional rfc.

shivhare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

create HTTP type of RFC and then create XML HTTP port and assgin that rfc to XML HTTP port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do you plan to trigger the XML message ? I assume it is an IDoc first that is triggered which is converted to an XML file and sent to Siebel ?

regards,

Advait

carlos_laborda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amit :

I have to do something similar (create iDoc, conveert to XML and send it to an ABAP WAS that will process it).

Seems that your solution for Mohanty could fulfill my requirements.

Could you please provide details on how to develop this solution (i.e, what an HTTP RFC is and how to configure the XML HTTP port)?.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Carlos.