cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport PAR file from DEV portal to QA portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one PAR file deployed in DEV portal. I need to transport it to QA portal. From the below link, I came to know that we can download it using system administration and then we need to upload it in QA portal.

Hence I downloaded and saved it in file system. The size of the PAR file 557 KB. I just checked whether it contains all the java files(i.e src.api and src.core). I find that these files are missing in the application structure in NWDS.

Does the PAR file includes src.api and src.core files also while transporting? If so please let me know the exact extraction procedure of PAR file.

Hope I am clear.

Regards,

Subashini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhashini,

Normally when you extract PAR files from Portal Admin Console, the jar files are not exported. Hence create a project from the exported PAR in NWDS and manually add the jars inside lib folder.

For transporting, you can directly deploy the PAR by right clicking the project > Export.

Mention your QA server port and access details. DEPLOY

You also do this through NWDI check in, in case if you using it.

Regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your replies. It worked. We need to check the option Include Source code, then add jar files manually in the lib folder. In this way, we get all the contents in PAR file.

Hence I am closing this thread.

Regards,

Subashini.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subashini,

While deploying the par file through eclipse or NWDS the Wizard for deployment contains a checkbox which says "Whether you want to deploy the Source Files as well".

Only if this option is checked will the deployed par contain the source files.

Try to deploy the par file again with this option checked and you should find the Source files in the extracted par from the portal...

Regards

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

I usually download the .par files from the development system and upload it directly to the quality system without issues, it should work in your case also.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GLM,

Did you try to import the downloaded PAR file into your NWDS and checked whether src.api and src.core are available?

Regards,

Subashini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to

Window -> Preferences-> SAP enterprise Portal check the options available their too...

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj,

I need to include the JAR file to this extracted PAR file. Could you suggest how to do this?

Regards,

Subashini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Import the par file in nwds and then add the jar file. and then do a quick upload to regenerate the par file.

Thanks,

GLM