SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISU Material Serial Number to change?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus!!

We have list of ISU materials which are all serialized, now the issue is while doing Good receipt, the warehouse personal enter the wrong serial number. Once the serial number is assigned to the equipment and is no longer edited. So now we need to change the serial number for the ISU material. We tried to use the T-code IQ02>>Edit>>Special serial no functions>>change serial number. ERROR u201CTHIS FUNCTION IS NOT PERMITTED FOR ISU EQUIPMENTu201D. Finally we canu2019t able to change the serial number. We have thousands of serial numbers to be changed, So can you please help me in this.

Method 1,

We do GI against 201 wrong serial number and do reversal 202 with correct serial number, still same wrong serial number with status u201CINSTLu201Dand (( correct serial number as status u201CESTOu201D or even some cases while doing reversal it say u201CSystem status PIAC is active (EQU 1090075)u201D )) so we canu2019t proceed from here.

Method 2,

We tried to create physical inventory and while entering the count, we key the correct serial number, now the system status for all new serial number entered is u201CESTOu201D and wrong serial still existing in the system, which shows the status of u201CINSTLu201D.

The above 2 methods is not working! Please advice me.

SAP GURUS PLEASE HELP ME

Regards

RS

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saravanan

u may try deactivate button from the menu bar.iw31.

equipmentactive inactivedeactivate if u click this status changes and u can also mark deletion flag set.

try this and u see the status changed from inst to dlfl inac

and also try edit-special functionsmanual transactiontry delection to hu or deletion to customer and all posible i hope it may work

try them

kr

raj

0 Kudos

Hi Varadharaj,

Thanks for your reply, Just want to change Serial number for ISU meter. In SAP System is wrong serial number existing, but physically in the warehouse is other serial number, somewhere the user keys in wrongly, so now i need to change the serial number for ISU Meter. In IW31 is order right, i have to go to order? and do?

Please guide, your help is most appreciated.

Regards

Saravanan S

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check Transaction code IQ02.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think there is way to change the serial number for meters in IS-U module. MM and ISU are intergrated to evolve Device Management functional area in ISU and it is pretty complicated relationship.

Although I am not very sure I can think two options, just a thought and could be useful.

- Custom program to Mark the current device as deleted and created new ones with correct serial numbers.

- Alternatively you can use additional field in device "Manufacture serial number" for any physical reference number.

-ASB