Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Map in SAP?

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai All,

here is scenario:

" Client gets the orders from Government to set up electric substation at a specified location,

then client asks the vendor to setup this substation ( electric substation may req, transmeters,power cables n all other stuff ).

while govt placing order with the client, govt gives the complete specification to the client. all these specifications will be sent to vendor- who actually works on this requirement.

can someone plz through light n give ur inputs.

as i guess:

this would be possible in Make To order- Variant Configuration scenario with Third party order processing.

let me know your views on this-

ur views highly appreciated n suitably awarded

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

In that cae define the item catg with features of both MTO & TAS. The only difference comes in TAS where schedule line is CS. So propose the same schedule line for your MTO TAK item catg as well.

Hope that will help.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Yes you are right. This is possible through a MTO + variant config.

When the customer (Govt) places an order, you will define them as a TAS item catg. So by standrad SAP settings schedule line catg CS will automatically create a PO to the vendor.

Here again its a 3rd party scenario as the vendor will fulfill the delivery (coz he is the one who will build the sub station).

Vendor will guve you an intercompany invoice against which you will send the customer the trade invoice.

Since it is a construction project, yoiu can also decide to implement mile stone billing.

Pls refer http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/31/03953401024735e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm for mile stone billing.

Regards,

Sivanand

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks,

But the Item cat is differs from MTO to Variant config. & Third party.

what would be considered as material - ( as its set of materials, some time v dont even know,what are all the materials used to setup the substation & its quantity)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my understanding Third party Sales will be appropriate